Author Topic: What a psychotic AI....  (Read 4409 times)

Offline eRe4s3r

• Core Member Mark II
Re: What a psychotic AI....
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2010, 12:34:52 am »
Yeah.. 15 hours till AI 1 and 5 more hours till AI 2 - but that was before the transport nerf (i am sure others have done this way faster with transports) but with the latest changes i haven't yet time to play. I am sure research and transport changes slow the game down a bit.

That was on DIF7 and indeed 80 planets..

Also - i often play a bit and then reload to minimize losses or plan better, so real time and game-time differ ;P
Proud member of the Initiative for Bigger Weapons EV. - Bringer of Additive Blended Doom - Vote for Lore, get free cookie

Offline Don Carsto

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2010, 03:37:06 am »

15 - 20 hours?
5 hours ???

how you made this?

Yes, I had ended many games in that time too, but not as winner, lol...

Okay, latest reports...

I am now 34!! hours in game. (using the latest update)
Still alive and my defence and economy is very strong.
Reduced my 3 front-lines to 2.
Had now a little border agression on one side.
50 to 200 core ships arriving after reinforcements.
Cause I am now holding 26 systems.
AI holding 49.
AIP 651 (IV/II)

Now I am cleaning up the last 6 systems where the border agression come from.
(4 systems, each  with 3600 ships/turrets 6 post left, no spezial forces post left, mostly mark V and mark IV ships)
(1 system with only 1 post left and 1 system without a post, but that I need for the wave warnings, cause its the last system that directly border on my systems.)
Killing a post, about 150 to 250 ships where spawn. But I can handle up to 1000 core ships now with my first-line-defence. (having a second line with mercenary fighters too)
(And when this will break too, can send out quick two fleets with mercenary fighters more) (At all have 11600 mercenary fighters, and still producing more) 
And I will get some useful stuff.
An E-Fab, a S-Fab and a FFS. And 20.000 knowledge. Cause after that I can settle in 8 systems.
Now have 9750 knowledge left but dont know how to spend it. Still waiting for the FFS.

That will decrease my front-line to only one, and then fight through the systems to the homeworld one.
9 hops. And from there 13 hops to the next homeworld of the very very farest end of the galaxy.
Yes.... its not in the part of the galaxy where I live.

This front line is prepared with 118 and 80 spider turrets on the 2 buffer systems.
All ships will be stopped or been killed by 2 fortresses (mark I and mark II)
So now I can work at the other front line without thinking about the other.

But before going to the homeworlds, maybee take 8 systems more, cause there are another E-Fab and FFS and zenith-Power.
Yes, I know. Its not very very good to take all systems but I like that.
I love to rob the AI more and more space.
And I need energy. And resources, and all this useful stuff....

At all, from my homeworld the AI homeworlds where 13 and 26 hops away.
And in the beginning I went to the other directions to find some stuff and expand.

About the ship-counts.

Myself: 16140
Dyson-Sphere: 3130
AI: 68213

I very very like long games.

Okay, keep on fighting...

Cu,
Don Carsto..

Offline eRe4s3r

• Core Member Mark II
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2010, 03:44:18 am »
Tis very simple - deep raiding ;p Before the "nerf" it was possible to move transports very quick very far.

Not sure what the game times are now.. as i said that time was possible before the recent versions nerfed both research and transports. Also it depends on your luck with resources.   ;D

Still everyone plays this game differently, i am a low-progress kind of guy, i play without timed increase (but with shizo waves ,p) and often am below 200 progression before reaching the first homeworld, this means the AI gets no tech 2 - also i often play with handicap +100 or +200 (i don't care about scores ;p) this speeds the game up a lot... i am impatient ;)
Proud member of the Initiative for Bigger Weapons EV. - Bringer of Additive Blended Doom - Vote for Lore, get free cookie

Offline Frozen Critical

• Full Member Mark II
  • No
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2010, 05:41:41 am »
Speedrunning towards their Main command station , the trick is avoiding unneeded fights and using everything that could hold them until they have to Speed Towards the Main Command Station on foot

but however , i don't think 5 hours is the record , i bet some speedrunners can do it faster then 3 hours
AMERIKEAN AM TELEFONMAST

Offline Don Carsto

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2010, 06:49:19 am »

Wow....

But how about locating the homeworlds so early?
The explorers dont want to go so far before they been killed.

An explorer mark IV okay, thats a very nice guy, but first need the IV-factory

Offline eRe4s3r

• Core Member Mark II
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2010, 06:29:22 pm »
I never said 5 hours, i said 15 hours till first AI and 5 more till second ;) so 15-20 hours (depends on my luck)

But i do wonder, whats the fastest win ever? on DIF7 ?

Offline Frozen Critical

• Full Member Mark II
  • No
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2010, 08:34:32 am »

Wow....

But how about locating the homeworlds so early?
The explorers dont want to go so far before they been killed.

An explorer mark IV okay, thats a very nice guy, but first need the IV-factory

just look for any planets that seem deep inside Hostile territory , and if it glows , just rush in there and blow that stupid AI station up in their faces and Before their Eyes
AMERIKEAN AM TELEFONMAST

Offline soMe_RandoM

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2010, 12:10:31 am »
botnet golem kicks ass at dominating waves and CPA but is little use in deep striking
I NEED that because of the 250-1,000 core ship waves :| (ai spam waves sit on planet when it reaches either or withing these ranges then they spam. (mind u it THE CORE AI TYPE)
AI War - even the smallest units can make all the difference no matter how weak they are still quite capable of taking the hits. if it can Kill and receive damage then it worth its time other wise if it cant kill and cant take the damage for the higher surviving ships then it is worthless.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk