Author Topic: Vs Captain 10 + Raid 10  (Read 7932 times)

Offline Spikey00

• Lord of just 5 Colony Ships
  • Master Member Mark II
  • And he sayeth to sea worm, thou shalt wriggle
Re: Vs Captain 10 + Raid 10
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2010, 07:24:44 pm »
(I almost swore when I saw this topic.)
I'd take a sea worm any time over a hundred emotionless spinning carriers.
irc.appliedirc.com / #aiwar
AI War Facebook
AI War Steam Group

Offline Fruden

• Jr. Member Mark III
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2010, 01:11:16 am »
 Hi and thanks for the kind words, i'm happy you enjoyed the posts! I was considering posting again in a bit when i complete my current games, wasn't sure, but since i kept a journal for the big one at least i probably will. For that game i'll just say this game was good practice... especially considering the changes to the game between 3.1.2.0 and 3.1.7.2 (lv10 waves suddenly twice as big :-\).

It will probably take some time though my play time is rather limited these days. Here are some teasers in the mean time :)

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2010, 05:35:02 pm »
Wow.

Wow :)

I hadn't seen this thread before.  That's quite a victory, there are a few ways the game could have been more challenging in 3.120 but not by much ;)

And yea, there was a really longstanding bug preventing the higher difficulties from getting the intended wave multipliers, so diff 10 in particular was easier than intended.  Not that it made it easy, as you found ;)

Congratulations :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Fruden

• Jr. Member Mark III
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2010, 05:57:32 pm »
 Thanks! I'm certainly having a lot of fun with your game, i only wish i had more time to enjoy it!

As for increasing the challenge... yeah having waves twice as big vs technologists is about as hard as it gets without the cheaty things and made for a really rough first half, but the game is getting close to the end now. I just needed a break because of the amount of micro and the hours required for the new knowledge raids on a low income were getting to me.

Anyway, my alternate more relaxed game with 6 homeworlds i used to test a bunch of things is almost done so i'll get back to the challenge shortly, i should be able to finish it within a month and post about it.

Also, i gotta say some of the new stuff looks really interesting, it's good to know there is more to look forward to. This game provides very good value for the price!

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2010, 06:22:34 pm »
Glad you're having so much fun :)  Beating two Diff 10 AIs in a fair fight is an accomplishment, actually having fun while doing it is a bigger one ;)

Also, i gotta say some of the new stuff looks really interesting, it's good to know there is more to look forward to.
Yea, Chris has been doing pretty incredible things with the base game, and the CoN micro-expansion has a lot of stuff intended to provide new kinds of challenges to advanced players (as well as more variation for the rest of us, in more moderate doses).  We've got some fairly significant balance issues yet to work out, but when we get to the official version it should be the stuff of new legends :)

This game provides very good value for the price!
Thanks :)  That is one of our big goals with our games: a ratio of dollar-cost to potential-hours-of-enjoyment (not just play, but enjoyment) somewhere between "insane" and "completely ludicrous" ;)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk