Author Topic: A Break  (Read 7699 times)

Offline Faulty Logic

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Bane of the AI
Re: A Break
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2014, 07:03:16 am »
Dealing with the four mkV simultaneous counterwaves got a bit hectic.

I should mention that the AI apparently no longer considers fabricators a valid target. Even if AI ships happen to be within firing range, they don't bother to kill fabs.

Then I carefully popped the remaining four counter posts at about five minute intervals.

Then I started chucking nukes everywhere, and won.

All 119 other AI command stations were dead at that point.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 08:56:14 am by Faulty Logic »
If warheads can't solve it, use more warheads.

Offline Kahuna

• Core Member
  • Kahuna Matata!
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2014, 07:29:14 am »
Good job. I should try this memo thing too. Should also test the new AIW patches. Though I've been busy with Mech Warrior Online and sleeping. Heh.
set /A diff=10
if %diff%==max (
   set /A me=:)
) else (
   set /A me=SadPanda
)
echo Check out my AI War strategy guide and find your inner Super Cat!
echo 2592 hours of AI War and counting!
echo Kahuna matata!

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2014, 09:55:51 am »
Dealing with the four mkV simultaneous counterwaves got a bit hectic.
Yea, maybe you even had to give some of the FRD defenders direct commands!

Congratulations on conquering the galaxy, I'm sure the 5 people left will enjoy your overlordship much more than the previous one.

I should mention that the AI apparently no longer considers fabricators a valid target. Even if AI ships happen to be within firing range, they don't bother to kill fabs.
Yea, there's a bug in the recent thing I did to try to get "pop golem in, wait a few seconds, pop golem out" to not be such an effective "distract just about any AI attack ever" tactic.  I've got a fix for that but the AI code's currently all over the surgery table with the revisions to get it to consider nearby mobile human strength.  So looking to get that fix and the other stuff out on Monday.

This nearby-mobile-strength thing has some amusing side effects.  I'm using the battle-of-midnight save for primary sanity testing and not currently getting a lot of sanity.  Basically that mega-death-fleet on Midnight is providing effective "coverage" to all the outlying human systems (all within 3 hops) and thus the AI CPA launches and... sits there, scared stiff of the fleet on Midnight.

But it's not such a bad play, as when the synchronized exos come in (and they never wait for anything) and start engaging the Midnight defenders the rest of the CPA typically gets the message and starts attacking because the amount of "nearby mobile strength" a planet contributes to the others within 3 hops is (allied_local_mobile_strength - enemy_local_total_strength).  It's debatable whether the AI should wait on those outlying attacks (as they can quickly reduce the energy available to you _before_ the exos hit) but I'm guessing that it makes sense assuming the player's actually controlling their mobile units.

Still a bunch of strange behavior to work through, but the whole thing's shot through with logging code so I should be able to figure it out.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk