Author Topic: The ever victorious armies  (Read 3892 times)

Offline Gorgar

• Newbie Mark II
Re: The ever victorious armies
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2013, 11:21:03 am »
Yes destroying the AI command station fixed that directly, thanks.

So i went back to my game of survival.
Because of rather high AIP I get a lot of threat so some cleaning is needed now and then

Between the housekeeping duties (killing threat ships) the fleet goes out into the upper left cluster and kills of stations. There are not any real opposition except when counter waves are sent into my home cluster. So almost 15 hours into the game the map looks good for colonization

That AIP is not to be laughed at I guess. I wonder what the AI will do to crush me like the human I am. My new defense planet are not that mighty yet, building towers at full speed but i miss all the nice trader stuff...
But I have my mighty fleet so what can the AI do?

aaa it can build up 7k threat in just some minutes and also throw an IPA on 7k, That is nice...
The RNG is on my side though, a trader comes into my new defense planet. So it can either be a crude joke if I can't survive the closest 10 min, but also a blessing if I just survive for 30 more minutes..
One thing is for sure, I cant let that IPA come while threat is that high. Therefore, the fleet runs down to wixu and consequently tries to clear out the bordering system by forcing them to attack wixu. This goes much better than i thought so the AI sends a 2.2k wave of MLRS ships, yay.

9k in threat and that wave, my defenses is still damaged from killing 7k ships just 2 minutes before. Interesting
I decide to be more offensive on the cleaning of these IPA threat ships so I move my fleet into the bordering system and kills everything that comes in there as long as my regeneration golem allows me, then i fall back into wixu where the threat ships follows me to die.

That was all for today but soon the story will continue!

This last 25 min have been really exiting but I really hope the Spire ships will make the threat ships less of a chore to clean out. Now I need to go and kill threat every 5 minutes, so it does not go up to 6-10k ships.
A question though, if I kill all bordering warp gates will the waves come into a random planet or just a random border planet?

Offline Aeson

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2013, 11:41:37 am »
My understanding is that if you destroy all bordering Warp Gates, waves will arrive at any of the closest surviving Warp Gates and cross through normal space to attack. This can make their arrival times and locations somewhat unpredictable.

Offline Dichotomy

• Jr. Member Mark III
  • Fan of Summer Glau
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2013, 04:38:51 pm »
That AIP is not to be laughed at I guess. I wonder what the AI will do to crush me like the human I am.
Usually it involves something you don't expect, leading to an energy brownout, combined with some preexisting attack.
You are all insane. In. Sane. No argument.

Offline Gorgar

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2013, 07:49:23 am »
Today I decided that this game should end. So I start to prepare my fleet in wixu and...
ooo is that a threat fleet attacking on the other end

Such a nice nova that I create in the middle, yes I have unlocked all lightning turrets. Actually I have unlocked all turrets that do damage, so defenses are ready. The threat are killed swiftly and my fleet can again look through the battle plan for getting the last shard

and yes the Commander does look like a pirate! The blue rings are annihilated safe planets and the treasure shard is marked by the cross. But before I follow that battle plan I will wait for the Exos so they can be safely handled by the defenses. So here comes the spire exo

oo a golem that i have not seen before, wait what is that

hmm not just one golem, interesting.
The battle was fierce but short. The golems was totally destroyed before they left the warp gate area.
The golem exo is even weaker so directly after that one I leave for the shard.

hmm a new exo... Ok lets do a fast grab and run for the shard before that exo are released. The shard recovery goes really smoth and nice but the fleet does not get home in time so

an nice spire fleet of more than 100 ships and 1k firepower spawns. This is additional to the 13k of threat, whereof most are at the last planet I need to go through, awesome. Luckily for me the exo wave don't go off their path for my ships and the 10k threat in that planet are killed after a loop around the star system. Not a ship lost.

So now the end game starts with 30 min count down, this I have been scared off.
5 minutes into the count the numbers start to go off the scale

11k fire power and 14k threat. That should do something to my defenses i guess.

hmm it did precisely take down the shields and some lightning turrets but more than that didn't happen, that was a let down :(
But that was the worst that happened during those 30 min. oo except I forgot to mention, when it was 30 sec left i used the doomsday device which gave an awesome effect. 200k lvl 4 ships incoming in 15 minutes but I will win in 30 so no problem.

oooo wait I didn't win with that timer on 0. eh that may get interesting because my fleet is off line.
But it comes some cool ships from my command station that still works. I hope they can win for me before I die.

YEEEEEEEES
Victory indeed

So what to say about FS. It was fun and exciting to wield that amount of power but it got a little boring sometimes when the answer to all problems was to add more towers until nothing could survive. It was the easiest game I played in AI war strategy wise, after I learned to handle the tacklers.
Normally I have not been able to out build the AI so totally except it was close when I had shield bearers on last game. In FS it is possible to stay still and stop caring about AIP, this leads to that i got all knowledge I want and more.
I think next time I play FS, it will be as a way to survive a 10/10 game or a map that is much harder to block of.

PEACE OUT

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2013, 11:14:54 am »
Congratulations on stomping the AI :) 

Yea, FS can actually be easier depending on a lot of factors (map type and position is important; there's a world of difference between chokepoints and no-chokepoints in FS), though bear in mind that cranking up the difficulty to 10 will also increase the size of the FS exos, etc.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Gorgar

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2013, 12:29:41 pm »
In a 10/10 I would see to it that the map has one choke point at the perfekt place. I would also see to it that I only have FS exos and maybe give me some easy settings on the way. Or in fewer words, I will cheat.
On a realistic map without choke points I'm not as sure I would have survived and if I did, it would be through a much more dynamic gaming style. So I see no shortage of fun ways to play FS on, but a choke point type map with 8/8 will not interest me for a while. 

Thanks for an awesome game Keith and everyone working on AI war.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2013, 12:32:09 pm »
Or in fewer words, I will cheat.
The AI's critically flawed assumption: humans have dignity ;)

Thanks for an awesome game Keith and everyone working on AI war.
Glad you're enjoying it :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Lord Of Nothing

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2013, 04:46:46 pm »
Or in fewer words, I will cheat.
The AI's critically flawed assumption: humans have dignity ;)

The problem is that at 10/10, the AI has a solution to any critically flawed assumptions: Apply more firepower.

(Evidence Attached)

... I wish you better luck and judgement than I.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 05:02:50 pm by Lord Of Nothing »

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2013, 05:11:09 pm »
(Evidence Attached)
When in doubt, create atmospheric (or aquatic?) density through forcefields :)

Offline Lord Of Nothing

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2013, 05:14:36 pm »
The slightly ironic thing is that I had a planetary armour inhibitor in the target system...

(Although beacasue they came through first, they'd usually die first anyway.)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk