Author Topic: The DOOMM!10/10 The Tank/Crafty Spire  (Read 14225 times)

Offline Hearteater

• Core Member
Re: The DOOMM!10/10 The Tank/Crafty Spire
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2012, 08:17:05 pm »
Very true, shuttles close way to much and it does get them killed.  I really should mantis that.

Offline Kahuna

• Core Member
  • Kahuna Matata!
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2012, 04:09:37 am »
Ok so here's the new game. If this game fails I'm gonna take a break  :'( But I have better chances of winning on this map. The last one was very hard.. and the ships the AI unlocked didn't make it any easier... -________- *facedesk*. Also This time I'm using Snipers. The damage output from snipers usually doesn't go down during a battle because of their range. They don't get destroyed.. unlike the Electric Shuttles which have a "bad habit" of rushing towards the enemy. They're more like "brute force" ships. Doesn't work vs 10/10.. the AI will always be stronger than the player.

set /A diff=10
if %diff%==max (
   set /A me=:)
) else (
   set /A me=SadPanda
)
echo Check out my AI War strategy guide and find your inner Super Cat!
echo 2592 hours of AI War and counting!
echo Kahuna matata!

Offline Kahuna

• Core Member
  • Kahuna Matata!
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2012, 09:12:16 am »
There used to be ~2400 AI ships, but then they took a.. a Botnet Golem to the knee?  ::) :P
The turrets alone can stop a bit more than 1500 ships (a mix of Mark II(Often MarkIIIs in Carriers) Fighters (Bulletproof/Normal), Frigates, Bombers, Space Tanks, Armor Ships and Neinzul Younglings) without the Command Center (Military MarkI) getting destroyed. They will stop more than 2000 but the Command Center will be destroyed (Rebuilders will rebuild the Command Center and turrets will keep shooting thanks to the patch (a good change)). With the turrets + my fleet probably about 3000. And now I got this Botnet Golem so I'm basically just trolling the AI.

BRB gonna go capture and repair the Broken Hive golem ~4 hops away from my home planet and finish the game.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 09:14:34 am by Kahuna »
set /A diff=10
if %diff%==max (
) else (
   set /A me=SadPanda
)
echo Kahuna matata!

Offline Kahuna

• Core Member
  • Kahuna Matata!
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2012, 10:19:49 am »

Atm I have 106 AIP. There's ~3 Data Centers left in the galaxy. The Co-Processors and the Super Terminal which I most likely wont use since it's almost next to the other AI's home planet.

I'm going to capture minimum of 2 planets before I finish the game. The one with the Hive Golem and another one with an Advanced Research Station. It will be the first ARS I've captured this game btw^^.

Capturing those 2 planets would increase my AIP by 40. --->146 AIP. Getting the Hive Golem will increase it by 23 and ARS by 17. Luckily there's a Data Center on the same planet with the Hive Golem and another on an adjacent planet. So the AIP will be deacreased by 17. Then I will destroy the third (and possibly the last) Data Center which is 4 hops away from the Broken Hive Golem. After that the AIP will be 69. Then I will capture the ARS which will increase the AIP by 17 to 86.

Then I could capture the other Golems and the ARS but I don't know if I need them. We'll see. Destroying an AI Home Command Center increases the AIP by 100 though.. hm. I will make a "highway" (by destroying Ion Cannons Guard Posts which don't increase the AIP) from one of my planets to the AI Home planets and between them. I will neuter the AI Homeworlds with the Hive Golem and my fleet and destroy both very fast. I'll leave the Botnet Golem to defend my planets and to stop the waves.

Oh and I just remembered I might need a beach head planet to avoid deep striking.. *facedesk* .. I might capture the rest of the Golems.. we'll see.

I have 250 Knowledge atm. After capturing the Hive Golem and the ARS I will have 6250. I could use it to unlock MarkII Hardened Force Field Generators and MarkIII Missile Turrets.. OR MarkII Basic Turret, MarkII Laser Turrets and MarkII Gravitional Turrets. Or something like that.

I'll probably not unlock MarkIII ships because I don't have a good access to an Advanced Factory. Also I feel like my fleet is strong enough. Especially now that I have the Botnet Golem. And soon a Hive Golem..

All of these things I'm going to do will obviously take some/lot time.. I'll probably have to destroy more Super Hybrids. I already destroyed 1 and another one spawned ~5-10 minutes after that -_____________- Good thing I left my scouts camping around the galaxy. I'll see it when/if it moves around.. dunno how much they actually move.. or do they just sit on some planet and do their stuff there.
set /A diff=10
if %diff%==max (
) else (
   set /A me=SadPanda
)
echo Kahuna matata!

Offline Hearteater

• Core Member
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2012, 11:48:20 am »
Wait, you have CSGs on and only will capture 1 ARS?  Isn't that possible?  You should need to take 4 of the ARS planets just to knock out the CSG-A network, right?

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
  • if (isInRange(target)) { kill(target); }
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2012, 11:49:16 am »
Wait, you have CSGs on and only will capture 1 ARS?  Isn't that possible?  You should need to take 4 of the ARS planets just to knock out the CSG-A network, right?
You have to capture n-1 ARS:s, where "n" is the total number of ARSs in the galaxy. So if he has CSGs, then yes, he'll have to capture more than 1.
Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.

Thank you for contributing to making the game better!

Offline Kahuna

• Core Member
  • Kahuna Matata!
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2012, 12:08:18 pm »

Ohh snap I forgot about those CSGs! I will have to capture 3 "extra" planets.
http://arcengames.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Core_Shield_Generator

« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 12:13:16 pm by Kahuna »
set /A diff=10
if %diff%==max (
) else (
   set /A me=SadPanda
)
echo Kahuna matata!

Offline Hearteater

• Core Member
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2012, 05:19:59 pm »
I can hear the AI right now, going "Muwhahahaha!"

Offline Wanderer

• Master Member Mark II
  • If you're not drunk you're doing it wrong.
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2012, 07:38:57 pm »
Ohh snap I forgot about those CSGs! I will have to capture 3 "extra" planets.
http://arcengames.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Core_Shield_Generator

4, actually, 2 As, a B, and the C.  You're looking at... hmmm... 190 AIP before homeworld stepping stones?  Oh, heh, you haven't located 'em yet, though a guess would be upper left and along that top arc, but I've misplaced the worlds before.

Keeping your Fact IV safe looks like it'll take four warp-gate pops, throwing another 20 on top, though it looks like you could do some exploring and find a few more Data Centers.

Overall, looks like you're in a reasonable position.  Good luck on the brutal post rolls. :)
... and then we'll have cake.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2012, 10:49:28 pm »
Very impressive thus far :)

My guess is that the extra AIP involved in capturing enough planets to take down the CSG-network will pump up the waves to at least a semi-dangerous level (though I guess you do have about 100 AIP reduction left, not counting the superterminal which could be an ace in the hole).

The real question is whether either homeworld rolled any core raid engines.  If either rolled 2 CRE's that could be GG right there even with the AIP you already have.  1 CRE would be a lot more reasonable though still possibly deadly depending on circumstances.  1 CRE + 1 Core CPA could be nasty depending on how many guards are left out there.

The big variable in this compared to most of the 10/10 stuff I've been analyzing is the golems.  Specifically, the Botnet golem.  I wouldn't put it past you to be able to eat a 3000 ship CRE wave with just a micro'd botnet and some static ;)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Kahuna

• Core Member
  • Kahuna Matata!
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2012, 03:30:20 am »
4, actually
1 planned and 3 extra  ;)

EDIT: ohh.. that means 9000 extra tasty tasty knowledge :PP
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 04:35:34 am by Kahuna »
set /A diff=10
if %diff%==max (
) else (
   set /A me=SadPanda
)
echo Kahuna matata!

Offline Kahuna

• Core Member
  • Kahuna Matata!
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2012, 04:33:43 am »
(though I guess you do have about 100 AIP reduction left, not counting the superterminal which could be an ace in the hole).

I just realized I can use the Hive Golem when I activate the Super Terminal.. also.. I just found ANOTHER Hive Golem. I'll get both.. Hive Golems are a MUST in end game. Ohh the possibilities.. other Hive Golem defends the planets.. the other one will be used to clear the AI Home Worlds.

The real question is whether either homeworld rolled any core raid engines.  If either rolled 2 CRE's that could be GG right there even with the AIP you already have.  1 CRE would be a lot more reasonable though still possibly deadly depending on circumstances.  1 CRE + 1 Core CPA could be nasty depending on how many guards are left out there.
*Mwahahaha* Bring it on Core Raid Engines!
set /A diff=10
if %diff%==max (
) else (
   set /A me=SadPanda
)
echo Kahuna matata!

Offline Kahuna

• Core Member
  • Kahuna Matata!
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2012, 07:26:39 am »
This is how I'm going to use the knowledge

Knowledge currently:   3250
Knowledge left to be captured:   12000
Total knowledge:      15250
0/4 "extra" planets researched

Technology| Cost| Total cost| Knowledge left| Availability
MarkII Tractor Beam Turrets| 2000| 2000| 13250| Now
MarkII Military OCC| 4000| 6000| 9250| +1 planet ("Upper" CS-A1)
MarkII Heavy Beam Cannons| 2500| 8500| 6750| +2 planets ("Bottom" CS-A1)
EMP Mines| 1000| 9500| 5750| +3 planets ("Eastern"CS-C1)
MarkII Laser Turrets| 2500| 12000| 3250| +3 planets ("Eastern"CS-C1)
MarkII Gravitional Turrets| 3000| 15000| 250| +4 planets ("Northern" CS-B1)

I used the 250 Knowledge to unlock MarkI Tachyon Turrets since the AI unlocked Space Planes.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 03:14:30 am by Kahuna »
set /A diff=10
if %diff%==max (
) else (
   set /A me=SadPanda
)
echo Kahuna matata!

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2012, 09:24:22 am »
If you want a table you can use:

Code: [Select]
[table]
[tr][td]Technology[/td][td]Cost[/td][td]Total cost[/td][td]Knowledge left[/td][td]Availability[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]MarkII Tractor Beam Turrets[/td][td]2000[/td][td]2000[/td][td]13250[/td][td]Now[/td][/tr]
[/table]

to produce this:

TechnologyCostTotal costKnowledge leftAvailability
MarkII Tractor Beam Turrets2000200013250Now
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Kahuna

• Core Member
  • Kahuna Matata!
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2012, 09:57:26 am »
If you want a table you can use:

Code: [Select]
[table]
[tr][td]Technology[/td][td]Cost[/td][td]Total cost[/td][td]Knowledge left[/td][td]Availability[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]MarkII Tractor Beam Turrets[/td][td]2000[/td][td]2000[/td][td]13250[/td][td]Now[/td][/tr]
[/table]

to produce this:

TechnologyCostTotal costKnowledge leftAvailability
MarkII Tractor Beam Turrets2000200013250Now

Thanks bro ;D It does look a lot better now!
set /A diff=10
if %diff%==max (
) else (
   set /A me=SadPanda
)
echo Kahuna matata!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk