Author Topic: Take Two  (Read 3277 times)

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Take Two
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2012, 12:25:37 pm »
If I take Unafr (was an AI Homeworld) then I would have a backdoor hacker type situation....

I abhor Backdoor Hacker AIs. The fact that the AI still has easy access to that branch of the X means I can't keep the planets in it.  I am certainly going to take what I can from the region though :)
Oh, I gotcha, you didn't mean you were playing against a Backdoor Hacker AI (with an exo-wormhole on your homeworld), just that you were dealing with the exo-wormholes on AI homeworlds :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2012, 12:29:08 pm »
Yep. The AIs in the game are Tank and Vanilla like my last game.
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2012, 06:51:39 pm »
54:37:47

Tired of playing this one. So I ended it. Brute force Vs AI.

There is just way to much down time with AIP that high... wait for repairs, wait for refleets.... wait for an opening to attack (or skirt the incoming wave, fun fun). This game was really over a long time ago, I just wanted to push the AI out of the galaxy. Close... 21 planets left remaining.

Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2012, 07:26:42 pm »
Yea, if a double-wave of a combined eighty-nine thousand ships can't punch through your chokepoint... kinda all she wrote ;)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2012, 07:46:15 pm »
~chuckles~

That blockade at Murdock stopped EVERYTHING the AI threw at it.  It almost failed  the last Exo though... AI snuck an EMP guardian in and poof...  ::) decided then after rebuilding, repairing, and refleeting that I was pretty much done with that game.

It is fun watching the AI send in 150k ships and watching them all go poof though  :) 

When I'm feeling up to it, I'll try and write up the game as a whole... and throw in the few ideas I had during it.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2012, 10:12:37 pm »
Decided to not write it up lol... going to take my win and "go home".

Though some ideas I'll put down here.

Space Docks: Breaking up the I-III into 3 tabs. Freeing up space in the Space Dock so that ARS are something I would want (MOAR ships is always gooood)

And something to help break the micro in building lots of stuff.... Say I lay out a bunch of structures in stand-down mode. I assign some engis to assist building the whole lot of them. As it is now, I have to sit and watch and bring online each building as the engis get to it. Very time consuming. What if when the engis get to to next structure, it comes online and starts getting built?  With the energy system change, I don't see browning yourself out placing structures to be a major issue. And you can set as many or as few engis to assist so you know how your m+c drain is going to run.

Offline rabican

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2012, 10:50:19 pm »
what kind of amounts of ships did ai have in defense in the end?

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2012, 11:01:20 pm »
~180? and 2 golems.

Right after the CSG network went down, I took out the biggest threats on the AI Homeworlds. Some things you just don't do at 1500 AIP lol.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk