Author Topic: RIOT!!!  (Read 2337 times)

Offline Voodoomancer

• Jr. Member Mark III
  • Just a person please ignore
RIOT!!!
« on: March 04, 2010, 06:59:29 pm »
Guess who's got a new favorite unit.  ;D

One thing: How about a "secondary thruster" mod for the Riot, since they're not exactly the fastest around? I'd sacrifice one turret/shield/tractor to give them 24 in speed.

(before you ask about that screencap, I'm playing with multiple home bases, so higher ship cap)

rubikscube

Re: RIOT!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 01:34:16 am »
I always prefered that we use our space tugs, TO IMPROVE OUR FREAKING SLOW GROUP SPEED
 space tugs grabs some cruisers, and your group speed goes to 15 i suppose for light starships

but upgrading thrusters cool too

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 02:42:38 pm »
I'm glad you like the Riots :)

Speed booster modules are possible (basically just a really low radius speed booster).  It's funny that you comment on the speed since they started at 24 and got nerfed because people thought it was too fast.  The engine module would fit with the theme (rapid response crowd control) but it either means adding another hardpoint (and rebalancing the others) or that it would compete with shotgun/tractor/ff/tazer modules.  I guess if the boost was enough it might make sense, but those shotguns are pretty powerful to switch out for a speed boost ;)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 02:46:16 pm »
Oh, on that screenshot it looks like your version is missing the tazer sprite.  Which version are you playing?

Thanks,
Keith
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Voodoomancer

• Jr. Member Mark III
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010, 03:58:01 pm »
Oh, on that screenshot it looks like your version is missing the tazer sprite.  Which version are you playing?
I got the game on steam, and it automatically updates, so I've got the latest steam-distributed version of the game, 3.0.60 I think it is.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2010, 03:59:59 pm »
Ok, I'll need to review the process for sprites making it into the builds, as this isn't the first time I've pushed a sprite up and it didn't get pushed out.  Probably has to do with not pushing files unless we're sure they should be part of the package, etc.

Offline Voodoomancer

• Jr. Member Mark III
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2010, 04:05:25 pm »
I guess I could just put my own sprite in until it's fixed  ;D

This is I think the only game that makes that that easy.

(That was a lot of that's)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk