Author Topic: RCIX Vs. Game of the Month  (Read 4570 times)

Offline RCIX

• Core Member Mark II
  • Avatar credit goes to Spookypatrol on League forum
RCIX Vs. Game of the Month
« on: January 26, 2010, 06:01:50 pm »
So i fired up a copy of the Game of the month (http://arcengames.com/forums/index.php/topic,3469.0.html). First order of the day is scouting; i send my MkII scout out and build 10 MkIs to scout the adjacent planets. One of them has an ARS: i found my first target! During this, i had to repel a few ships that attacked me and i put up some small wormhole defenses. My fleet is under construction right now and i'll probably research some starships and an MRS.
Avid League player and apparently back from the dead!

If we weren't going for your money, you wouldn't have gotten as much value for it!

Oh, wait... *causation loop detonates*

Offline RCIX

• Core Member Mark II
Re: RCIX Vs. Game of the Month
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 04:58:07 pm »
While i was waiting for a Leech Starship to build, i sent a fleet of 120 ships to what appeared to be a lightly defended system. Spent most of my time pounding on a forcefield and retuned with heavy losses (all of my bulletproofs gone and lost 10 frigates, other than that minimal losses). My fleet is currently rebuilding then i plan to head for that ARS.

Update: At the 1 hour mark (just after actually), my score is 37,385. My fleet is in heavy combat in the gateway system to the ARS, and i have to decide what exacly i'm going to be doing. Thanks to the MRS + leech ship, my numbers are holding steady while the AI's are falling like a rock. And i'm not even using light starships yet! :D
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 05:30:59 pm by RCIX »

If we weren't going for your money, you wouldn't have gotten as much value for it!

Offline RCIX

• Core Member Mark II
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 07:56:08 pm »
Ok, i wanted to take a shot at doing one of those stories like Lancefighter did:

"
As i stand on the bridge of my light starship, i survey my fleet; almost 200 ships in total, including several raiders and planes. It's unlikely much of my original fleet is in there, but my... "appropriated" ships are serving me well. That leech starship is the definition of biological elegance and technological integration; Not unlike a massive jellyfish in appearance yet several shiny gun mounts glint in the light of the nearby sun.

I give the order, and as i feel the deep rumble of the engines powering up, i watch my fleet depart my firebase. No more than half a minute later, my science officer notifies me that the Decloaker has picked up around 30 cloaked unit signatures ahead. A smirk flits across my face as i know those ships will soon be serving me, if only for a short time.

My fleet enters weapon range and my frigates open up delivering a punishing barrage of fire against the enemy's anti-starship emplacements. They rush at me, only to be hit by energy bombs and shells from my bombers. My starship is playing a part in this as well, tossing it's own guns into the mix. As my leech starship struggles to tag the enemy fleet, space tugs are working overtime pulling damaged ships in my fleet out for repair. It would seem they're also sending reinforcements from another nearby post as a small fleet of ships attacks me from the left. It matters little; soon they are attacking their former comrades.

Before long, all that's left are those pesky anti-starship arachnids and a few straggling turrets at the posts. Despite my fleet's best efforts, they die slowly and sting mighty hard while doing so. I pull my fleet out as they chase me; this battle will be fought at my shipyards."

In other words, i attacked a couple of wormholes with my fleet and had to pull back before the swarms of anti-starship arachnids wiped out all of my fleet.

Offline RCIX

• Core Member Mark II
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 03:11:02 am »
Quick catch up: i turned my MRS into a full fledged firebase complete with forcefield, power generation, space-dock, turrets, and research facilities.

Y'know, it's funny how much more quickly anti-starship arachnids die after my fleet is boosted 5x; the enemy fleet numbers literally dropped 80 after 4 reinforcement light starships entered boost range of my fleet. I was in a long agonizing standoff with about 50 anti-starship arachnids and they just started popping like balloons! i think i have the upper hand now, it's just a matter of time before i get that desperately needed ARS.

Update: After going on some crusading, the ship count on the enemy planet has returned to a relatively sane 240 ships. I'll reinforce my firebase and pop the command station, and head on to the next planet.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 03:22:00 am by RCIX »

Offline Lancefighter

• Core Member
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 11:05:44 pm »
Did I completely and inadvertently create a new standard for AARs?  8)
Ideas? Suggestions? Concerns? Bugs to be squashed? Report them on the Mantis Bugtracker!

Author of the Dyson Project and the Spire Gambit

Offline RCIX

• Core Member Mark II
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 11:17:04 pm »
Did I completely and inadvertently create a new standard for AARs?  8)
Why yes you did! :D

Ok, a lot has happened since i last visited. I'm almost 3.5 hours in, and i'm up to 283k or so score. I've taken the system with the ARS + another, and i've raided a third. I plan to continue raiding and taking planets, tending towards heavy ones (my fleet seems to be remarkably good at attacking and capturing MkIII ships). I hope i can push my score as high as 500k, at which point my score will be on par with Kjara's.

Offline RCIX

• Core Member Mark II
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2010, 10:51:32 pm »
Ok guys, i finished it in time! see attachments for image of score and a save for proof.

I had lost energy by getting a weakly defended planet back, so i built a MkIII on my beachhead. i then routed my fleet back through the planet i had shored up with a beachhead, which i steamrolled thanks to the huge fleet of partly MkIII ships i gathered. I then sent it on a rampage for the last hour-odd and managed to shore my score up to a pre-adjusted level of 793,192.

Now, about the adjusting: I would have been able to do a lot mroe if i had played on F&D (it was an accident) so i just finished the game as it is. I figure that ships in F&D have 6 times more power roughly (3 stats doubled), but to be safe and not over estimate my score i'll go with a 5X multiplier. Thus, my final adjusted score is.... (drumroll please)

3,965,960!

Offline deMangler

• Full Member Mark II
  • om tare tuttare ture soha
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2010, 11:07:26 pm »
:)
Pretty interesting save.
What happened to your space dock in Charlie India? Or am I missing something... (I am still new to all this)
Gonna have to try and join in the next GoTM....  o7

Offline RCIX

• Core Member Mark II
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2010, 11:15:25 pm »
I toasted it a while back in the interest of saving energy i think.

Yea they're interesting :) I wonder how the next one will work though?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk