Author Topic: AI War Challenges  (Read 4334 times)

Offline Frozen Critical

• Full Member Mark II
  • No
AI War Challenges
« on: July 13, 2010, 02:48:15 am »
So , you played AI war , and you find it pretty easy : "Hah , i beat it on diff 10!" you said to your friends

now , how about a series of CHALLENGES set by people? , now , get ready , because we might set INSANE challenges

*BEEP*

okay , now , i was quite suprised there wasn't a thread for posting Challenges for others to beat , so i featured i start one , Let the Challenges Roll! (and please , don't set Challenges that are way too hard)
AMERIKEAN AM TELEFONMAST

Offline Fruden

• Jr. Member Mark III
Re: AI War Challenges
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 08:57:07 am »
 Hum.... might be a fun idea!

I've got 1 or 2 in mind... but one depends on something i don't know. When playing vs the golemite, when it losses a planet, does its golems become free and head for your planets?

If so... chalenge! Play vs 2 golemites, make a choke point world, and see how many released golems you can take on at once!

Other is similar, but i know it can work. Play vs 2 starship commanders, make a choke point world, and see how many released starships you can take at the same time!

Pictures before and after fight please! :)

rubikscube

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 08:35:16 pm »
take exactly 31 planets and win within 31 hours

Offline Dragon

• Full Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 12:32:35 am »
Here are five:

• Have no more then 10 planets for your entire team, on an 80+ planet map.
  • Do not research any fleet ships at all.  Mark one fleet ships are all you have, you will need to use starships and turrets.
  • Do Not Research any Starships.
  • Play against two Scorched Earth AI's.
  • Select Teleport Raiders as your bonus ship, use nothing but them to take out command stations, and don't send in other fleet ships until the station is destroyed.

Pick one from the list above, and see how you do.  You can list off how many hours you managed to play before giving up or dying, and highest number of hours "wins" :-)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 12:29:31 pm by Dragon »

Offline Frozen Critical

• Full Member Mark II
  • No
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 02:39:37 am »
someone had to take a challenge , i'll volunteer for one

Here are a few:

• Have no more then 10 planets for your entire team, on an 80+ planet map.
  • Do not research any fleet ships at all.  Mark one fleet ships are all you have, you will need to use starships and turrets.
  • Do Not Research any Starships.
  • Play against two Scorched Earth AI's.
  • Select Teleport Raiders as your bonus ship, use nothing but them to take out command stations, and don't send in other fleet ships until the station is destroyed.

You can list off how many hours you managed to play before giving up or dying, and highest number of hours "wins" :-)

intresting , might try , but what happens when you snap that AI's Main base?
AMERIKEAN AM TELEFONMAST

Offline Dragon

• Full Member Mark III
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 12:28:53 pm »
Erm, those were meant to be five separate challenges....  And as far as the AI home world, I suppose that would be fair game for everything you have available.  As long as you have avenger turned on... ;)

Offline soMe_RandoM

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2010, 10:04:36 pm »
the core DOOM
Special forces captain DOOM

so heaps of core patrolling the galaxy at any time is deadly :D
1 worm hole entrance with parasites ftw  

Edit:
all minor faction on planet 30+
ai CPA
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 06:59:06 am by soMe_RandoM »
AI War - even the smallest units can make all the difference no matter how weak they are still quite capable of taking the hits. if it can Kill and receive damage then it worth its time other wise if it cant kill and cant take the damage for the higher surviving ships then it is worthless.

Offline Frozen Critical

• Full Member Mark II
  • No
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2010, 03:41:01 am »
the core DOOM
Special forces captain DOOM

so heaps of core patrolling the galaxy at any time is deadly :D
1 worm hole entrance with parasites ftw 

and whats the challenge? , play The Core and Special Forces Captain both on 10 diff?
AMERIKEAN AM TELEFONMAST

Offline Spymine

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2010, 08:10:40 am »
i think that some_random has the misconception that parasites will get him unlimited core ships/special ships when playing against core ai/special forces ai

afaik that loophole must have been removed a long time ago - atm captured ships are also subject to your cap size  ;D
so i guess some_random will be into quite a surprise when he starts playing this scenario  8)

Offline Frozen Critical

• Full Member Mark II
  • No
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2010, 02:45:55 am »
true

TRENCH WARFARE

-two 10 Diff Mad Bombers

-Defense only

-On the AI progress addition , place it at 20 minutes and set the amount of AI progress given to the Highest Amount Possible

-20 Minutes to Set-up before the Carnage Starts

-NO camping of Wormholes or Wormhole Containment : Exiting your Homeplanet Is Disallowed , and having ships placed near wormholes that anything that comes out is shot is also Disallowed

-Camping your Havesters are Allowed , but i Recommend lining the "Trench" In a Line Near , but not Too Near , to the wormholes , Note that tho , if a ship shoots a hostile ship when it comes out of a wormhole , reposition that ship away from the "Trench"
AMERIKEAN AM TELEFONMAST

Offline soMe_RandoM

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2010, 04:10:30 am »
i think that some_random has the misconception that parasites will get him unlimited core ships/special ships when playing against core ai/special forces ai

afaik that loophole must have been removed a long time ago - atm captured ships are also subject to your cap size  ;D
so i guess some_random will be into quite a surprise when he starts playing this scenario  8)
1500 each ship type or something like that :D
AI War - even the smallest units can make all the difference no matter how weak they are still quite capable of taking the hits. if it can Kill and receive damage then it worth its time other wise if it cant kill and cant take the damage for the higher surviving ships then it is worthless.

Offline Spymine

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2010, 03:53:53 pm »
only if you are playing against ai's which produce mark 1 ships, and if you started with more than one planet and if the ships you are refering to are the gatling ships ( with four planets you can build 1500 mark 1)

then your reply would be correct - otherwise i would have to assume you are guessing again, but let me continue with an in depth explanation:

i played a game against a core ai and started with four planets. one of my special ships was the bombard and my build limit for the different mark levels was the following (since i lost my saves i have to give approximate numbers - dont beat me if they arent 100% correct)
mark 1 - 150 ships
mark 2 - 110 ships
mark 3 - 80 ships
mark 4 - 40 ships
mark core - 20 ships

since a core ai produces only core ships you can only reclaim core ships. so after you reclaimed/ built (i had a bombard core factory) 20 bombards you will NOT get any additional ones. 20 is the limit - better let me spell it out: TWENTY - and thats if you started with four planets (this also holds true for other shiptypes - core fighter 90, core raptors 90, core bombers 60,...). your idea of stealing thousands and thousands of ships therefore can never hold true for a core ai - my first sentence in this reply is therefore in my experience the only way you can acquire huge amounts of enemy ships.

and here a clue for free - the workhorses in the game will always be your mark 1 - 3 ships, which you can rebuild on your own. reclaimed ships might fill a niche and are nice to have - but the real fight is done by your own units ( at least with version 3.172)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 04:11:06 pm by Spymine »

Offline helpmegod

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2010, 11:02:14 pm »
take exactly 31 planets and win within 31 hours
WOW. Amazing

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2010, 01:14:50 am »
Challenges are cool, this is a good thread.

But I have to ask: is there actually anyone out there who can consistently beat two diff 10 random-harder-ai-type on, say, an 80 planet hubs-realistic map (and no options that make the game significantly easier)?

We've already got one really big difficulty-enhancing optional minor-faction-like thing planned for the micro-expansion that's opening for pre-orders sometime this month, but it sounds like we might have to take more drastic measures ;)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Frozen Critical

• Full Member Mark II
  • No
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2010, 02:23:31 am »
But I have to ask: is there actually anyone out there who can consistently beat two diff 10 random-harder-ai-type on, say, an 80 planet hubs-realistic map (and no options that make the game significantly easier)?

With Friends? , After all , Three Guns are Better then One , And Beating two Diff 10 Harder-then AI types Is Near Impossible , even for a Highlander Die-hard Player that Plays AI-war 24 hours a day

Unless you are a One Man Army
AMERIKEAN AM TELEFONMAST

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk