Author Topic: A different 10/10  (Read 5876 times)

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
Re: A different 10/10
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2012, 04:27:41 pm »
Oh man, that blockade picture made me laugh so hard... 144 Fortresses?

At some point the clever thing for the AI to do is to load an older save... or reroll the map.

Ummm.... count again? + 16 superforts  :P

This was the best way to keep the AI from camping my wormhole.... 160k FP in its face.

I'm surprised the AI just didn't say "Enable the Beachheads, screw game settings."

I don't think the AI can beat me to the blockade.  I've popped the warp gate at ~3 minutes, rallied all my constructors there. The turrets (non trader) and FFs really only take about 40 minutes to get down.

Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline Kahuna

• Core Member
  • Kahuna Matata!
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2012, 05:24:04 pm »
ROFL this is hilarious
set /A diff=10
if %diff%==max (
   set /A me=:)
) else (
   set /A me=SadPanda
)
echo Check out my AI War strategy guide and find your inner Super Cat!
echo 2592 hours of AI War and counting!
echo Kahuna matata!

Offline Hearteater

• Core Member
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2012, 06:00:33 pm »
You know what Beachhead Ships do, right?  Because they don't have anything to do with creating an actual Beachhead :) .  They come through and that's that for your fixed defenses.  Although I think the Super Fortresses might save you since if I recall they don't require supply.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2012, 06:38:03 pm »
OK. If I understand what I read in the wiki... Beachhead ships are immobile ships that sit on the wormhole they warp in at.

If that is the case then how would they work when waves aren't able to warp into my planets?  The AI doesn't have a warp gate in an adjacent planet ( I popped the one in Murdoch at about 3 minutes in).

Also, all the Zenith Trader goods I have don't require supply. If they do then it isn't listed.

Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2012, 07:03:46 pm »
Ok.. newb mistake.. I left the raid engine alive and it launched 2 30k ship waves more than it should have .. find it ... kill it... Done.  Only problem is that I have an Exo inbound and it WILL hit between the extra raids. Good times.

I want to think that most of the Exo is locked up in carriers (~23.4k).

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
  • if (isInRange(target)) { kill(target); }
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2012, 07:04:39 pm »
You're just doing this to spite the engine, aren't you? :P
Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.

Thank you for contributing to making the game better!

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2012, 07:12:02 pm »
Honestly it was a case of mistaken identity.... Large icons in a galaxy = golems most times so I didn't even think about it.

Big enough mistake to cost me the game? I don't think so.. yet anyway.  The Battle of Murdoch rages on ....

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2012, 07:18:59 pm »
I know the real reason the background is black in those screenshots is the lost-focus detection telling that part of render to not bother (though maybe you just turned them off, but I'm guessing not).

But when I look at that many units it makes me think that all the stars are gone because they were all used up building the ships ;)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2012, 07:27:29 pm »
Keith, this SS is just for you  ;D

Wow THAT was an awesome show. The only notable loss was the Botnet and some OMDs.

Had to FRD the fleet. Go GO disposable heroes!! Next time the trader in in the system I'll replace the OMDs that were popped. That was very much 5 waves of 30k and one nasty Exo (5.050 Exo).

Ok.. repair, refleet and I have got to clear that NW section of the map.

Plan is to grab systems that don't have nything of value (so I dont have to worry about losing them) and grabbing the K for more unlocks. .... The AI's sledgehammer has gotten bigger and I'm gonna need more ships!

Offline Hearteater

• Core Member
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2012, 07:42:50 pm »
Heh, I forgot which 10/10 game this was.  Is it sad so many 10/10s are being beaten I'm having trouble telling them apart?  Yup, they are immobile so you actually would be safe (besides the Super Forts being unaffected).

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2012, 07:57:25 pm »
Lets see.. this 10/10 started on 5.048 and is now 5.050.
If and I do mean IF I can win this one.. I'm sure it will fall under cheese :P

10 planets in the NW section left to pop. AIP is solidly in Mk IV territory. Still refleeting.

About the Botnet.... It has served its purpose I guess.... I left it camping a wormhole to eat ships trickling in from my deep strikes.  Now all those zombies sit on my home worlds being useless.  There is another Botnet in the galaxy, but I don't think I want it.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2012, 08:06:24 pm »
73.5k ships incoming.... OMG... still getting the SS fleet up on caps.

30k more

25k more...

Sings "it's the end of this game as we know it

AND an 11k CPA in 6 minutes LOL
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 08:22:28 pm by Cinth »

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2012, 08:43:04 pm »
80k more ships inbound and all I've managed to do is rebuild the turrets and FFs.

This might be a deathblow.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2012, 09:04:31 pm »
And I am going to have to give this one to the AI.

There are a few things I can do differently for sure and as soon as I'm up to it I'll get it going.

Probably going to have to do as much damage to the AI while the AIP is low.  And while superforts are very durable... I don't think they are worth they investment. 

And I need to figure out how to protect my OMDs from Raid SSs.... Glass ain't enough. That ~90 Raid SS group ( around 80ish Raid IIIs) pretty much flattened them...

Offline Hearteater

• Core Member
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2012, 09:10:49 pm »
You prioritized your Sniper Turrets on Raid Starships?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk