Author Topic: 9-9 Trial and error  (Read 1992 times)

Offline barryvm

• Jr. Member Mark III
9-9 Trial and error
« on: March 31, 2013, 11:46:20 am »
It's been a while since my last 9-9 attempt (I've been plagued lately by this terrible affliction called a "day-job") and after suffering a crushing defeat against a crafty spire I restricted myself to the lower difficulties for a while.
But now it's time to take revenge for all those mocking taunts I received last time when another of my core planets fell to the AI onslaught and finally make a serious attempt at very hard difficulty.

The setup is not too brutal (meaning not all neutral factions are on):
9- 9 non technologists on a simple clusters map with a random homeworld.
Minor factions will be dyson sphere, devourer golems, human marauders, human resistance and roaming enclaves.
I'm playing with all expansions but I don't take a champion, since I'm not too keen to meet these nemesis frigates when I'm assaulting the homeworlds.

Broken golems and spirecraft are set to "hard", while the botnet golem (which seems to have turned into some sort of demi god and got it's own faction) will be set to "medium".

And off I go...

Things seem to go in my favour:
I got the teleport station as a bonus ship and started building a cap of these to hold off the first AI wave which turn out to be bombers and are easily dispatched.
There is a Mk IV world bordering on my homeworld though and since it's the only one with decent resources I decided to attack it early after I took over Murdoch.

Currently things seem to be looking up with a slight chance of rain and exo waves later on the afternoon.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 12:00:29 pm by barryvm »

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: 9-9 Trial and error
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 07:41:25 pm »
Currently things seem to be looking up with a slight chance of rain and exo waves later on the afternoon.
Watch out, when it exos it pours.

Good luck with this :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Diazo

• Master Member Mark II
  • I love/hate Diff 10
Re: 9-9 Trial and error
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 10:30:58 am »
Watching with interest.

I did not get the teleport station, but I did have the Teleport raider recently.

Note that while stuff like Raid Engines and Data Centers are immune to Minor Electric ammo, Guard Posts are not. This includes Core Guard posts.

I'm interested to see if the teleport station is as useful on offense, being able to teleport is a powerful ability.

D.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk