Author Topic: 1/1 Chaos Rules the Galaxy  (Read 13633 times)

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
Re: 1/1 Chaos Rules the Galaxy
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2012, 10:56:01 pm »
10 / 10 trains are quite cute.

I seem silly complaining about nukes now that I've encountered the more consistent threats they throw out.

I do wish military stations were immune to artillery ammo though.

Are the trains influenced by AIP in any way?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 11:16:17 pm by chemical_art »
Life is short. Have fun.

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2012, 10:32:11 am »
I'm making some headway in this scenario, however, I'm facing the aggravatingly hard situation of trying to micro the trains.

I made a thread in the general, but I have a setup where I can take on the trains, but every time I do I have to pain staking micro the attack.

A new ctrl to attack even the 40 million ones would be super, and  one to attack any of them is great too.
Life is short. Have fun.

Offline Minotaar

« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2012, 11:18:23 am »
Does your setup involve outrageous amounts of EMP warheads?  :)

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2012, 11:22:28 am »
Does your setup involve outrageous amounts of EMP warheads?  :)

A very fortuitous artillery golem, but that certainly is a backup  :D
Life is short. Have fun.

Offline zoutzakje

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Crosshatch Conqueror
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2012, 04:41:45 am »
Allright, it's been a while. Time to have my ass kicked.

35 minutes: More enemy enclaves, to Scarlet Needle this time. I managed to build a few zombards and some mk II bombers. My fleet is getting big enough to actually be able to deal with something. Hybrids are massing up at all my borderworlds, gotta find a way to take them down if I want to be able to expand at all. I also notice 5 more Cargo Trains... God this is going to get ugly.

39 minutes: I notice 15 ships are attacking Punch Ant, which turn out to be mk I fighters. I guess this would be a wave lol. Turrets can easily handle that.

40 minutes: I decide to attack Macroid. I need the extra knowledge to unlock mk III harvesters. Zombards are excellent for taking out hybrids. Luckily there weren't to many of them here yet, so Macroid falls quickly.

41 minutes: More enclaves and marauders attacking Scarlet Needle. I don't even have to pay attention to it anymore. 7 friendly enclaves will do the job just fine.

42 minutes: Doom is on it's way to destroy me. Major AI construction effort warning just showed up. And I don't even nearly have the firepower to destroy cargo trains. I better start building Implosion Artillery and Rams then. Gotta find a way to stop the H/K and Golems that'll come my way soon.

46 minutes: An Abnormally Strong Hybrid is somewhere in the galaxy. Figures. 46 mins ingame and already a super hybrid... that's really fast. I have no hope of killing it yet though.
Meanwhile at Ghost I notice the hybrids killing a few dark spire ships. I'm assuming the Devourer triggered it. Great. I unlocked mk III metal harvester since metal is the resource I'm lacking and desperately need. Don't have enough K for crystal yet.

48 minute 30: I get a warning that a Nuke Train is on Hail.... awesome. I don't have the means to stop it so I'll just leave it alone. Maybe it'll go away... it shouldn't path through my worlds anyway.
I'm using all the resources I got to build as much Implosions and Rams as I can with the few current asteroids I got.

50 minutes: Threat is getting out of control really fast. Dark Spire ships appear to be fighting the AI everywhere now. They seem to be having a lot of trouble with the hybrids though.

52 minutes: The first Dark Spire ships enter one of my worlds. Scarlet Needle is under attack by them. 9 Roaming enclaves are ready. I'm curious to see how far this escalates.

56 minutes: The Dark Spire (or something else, but I'm assuming it's these guys) destroyed a distribution node... and it was a trojan -.- There goes my 100k I had saved. They better destroy some good ones soon. Meanwhile on Ghost the hybrids are finally getting overwhelmed by the Dark Spire. Everything else is already dead there.

1 hour: Another Major AI Construction warning just showed up. This is where I stop playing for now. I'm surprised I made it through these 30 minutes alive. Next time I will report my destruction.

No screenie coming up, because not much has changed. I took Macroid and the threat is getting incredibly high. That's it. Haven't even done more scouting and I have a feeling I'm not going to get more scouting done at all before I lose.

Offline Aklyon

• Core Member
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2012, 08:48:33 am »
So, lets count whats out there from just that update, shall we? ;)
1. Hybrids, lotsa hybrids.
2. Super Hybrid.
3. Nuke train(s).
4. Imminent cargo surprises.
5. Enough dark spire to overwhelm hybrids.
6. Sneaky Devourer
7. Enemy enclaves
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 08:50:10 am by Aklyon »

Offline zoutzakje

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Crosshatch Conqueror
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2012, 09:10:30 am »
yup pretty much. Hmm, I wonder... Can Dark Spire ships attack trains and their stations? If they can, there might still be some hope left for me...

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2012, 10:03:35 am »
yup pretty much. Hmm, I wonder... Can Dark Spire ships attack trains and their stations? If they can, there might still be some hope left for me...

No.
Life is short. Have fun.

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2012, 10:05:43 am »
Zoutzakje I do offer a different sliver of hope:

Life is short. Have fun.

Offline zoutzakje

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Crosshatch Conqueror
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2012, 10:32:01 am »
what's that then? Dark Spire can attack mining golems? meh, that's not gonna help me. Miners have never been an issue for me. To be honest, I find them the easiest to deal with compared to other minor factions.

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2012, 10:52:41 am »
Who done it? (I know the answer already)...

Life is short. Have fun.

Offline Hearteater

• Core Member
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2012, 11:57:53 am »
Maybe botnet exo waves should say botnet instead of broken golem.

Offline zoutzakje

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Crosshatch Conqueror
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2012, 01:00:13 pm »
yup, I noticed that in my previous game. Was kinda confusing at first really. Not to mention the bug the botnet can cause right now. Play botnet with hard and golems on medium and you'll still get exo's AND +100 AIP for the botnet. It shouldn't matter if both factions have the same difficulty though.

Offline zoutzakje

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Crosshatch Conqueror
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2012, 09:16:09 pm »
You already seem to be 2 hours in your attempt Chemical... that's longer than I will last for sure. I'm so not used to complete chaos. And I don't even have trains runnning in and out of my systems yet.

1 hour 4 minutes: While I'm getting ready for the doom strikeforce, I notice that the Dark Spire threat stopped increasing. In fact, it's getting less and less. I look around and notice the mk III fort at Hail. It's killing a lot of Dark Spire, but is slowly dying. We'll see how long it lasts.

1 hour 6 minutes: The wave of doom has spawned. 3 Massive ships with a total of 3866 Firepower are on their way to my planets. Awesome. Well, that's gonna get ugly. I ty to make a few more bombers, but I doubt it will be enough to stop this. Also used last knowledge to unlock mk II forcefields and stacked em deep over my home command. I only got 3 mk II Implosion Artillery, hope I can take down the H/K far enough with them. I also got 11 enclaves. I hope they provide the H/K with enough units to kill.

1 hour 12: The Cargo Strikeforce is finally in sight. I still think the sprite of the H/K is too small. It doesn't look threatening enough and is actually easy to miss in a crowd. Unless it's meant to be a sneaky Assassin.
Also got an Artillery golem, Armored golem and a bunch of core starships heading my way. That Arty will be the first to munch through my forcefields. To be honest, I had hoped both Golems were Artillery ones. They have less health and are therefore easier to kill with my rams. Now I will have less rams left to deal with the core starships.

1 hour 13: The strikeforce is getting awfully close. I notice none of the ships have mines listed in their immunities so I figured I'd quickly build a whole bunch and hope it works.
30 seconds later they arrive. Rams do their work excellently and the Golems die within seconds. The mines will hopefully take care of the core starships and guardians. Then all that's left is the H/K.
In reality the Enclaves took care of the starships, while everything else (especially Implosion, Bombers and Zombards) took the H/k out. The poor bastard only managed to kill 1 of the 12 forcefields protecting my home.
Well that proved to be quite effective. I guess defending against a H/K is indeed possible at less than 1 hour and 15 mins in the game. Granted, I had lots of friendly enclaves.
Allright, I think I got about 10 minutes until the second Cargo Train Strikeforce launches. I better get some more asteroids and pump out some rams. I actually even have the time and resources to do some scouting.

1 hour 16: I scout my first ARS, located at Aska. Also with a Broken Regenerator Golem on it. It's got Dark Spire too though, so I'll have to leave it alone at least for a while. The Dark Spire destroyed every single tachyon guardian in a wide area, so scouting is even easier than normal on 1/1.
It's funny to see that the threat has dropped below 100 now, while it was over 500 first, mstly from the Dark Spire. I guess that one mk III fort (maybe there were others) did it's job well.
Data Center and the Dyson Sphere found at Cannon. Magnificent find really. One I'm done setting up a nice set of coreworlds, this is where I will go to, smoothly bypassing the Dark Spire along the way. Intensity 10 Dyson Sphere could really boost my defense big time I think. I just gotta destroy whatever the super hybrid is going to build.

1 hour 17: I forgot that I'm dealing with nuclear command and accidentally blew up my whole fleet when taking Fizz. Better rebuild it quickly. I gotta build those Rams too. Silly rookie mistake really, but I guess it's late.

1 hour 20: Data Center, Broken Artillery Golem and Broken Botnet Golem on Doomsayer. And of course also Dark Spire. Hmm. The Botnet is going to be useless in this game anyways, so I might just destroy that Data Center at some point but leave the rest of the planet alone.

Anyway, I realize I should just go to bed to prevent any more newbie mistakes. I'll probably continue somewhere tomorrow. Now that I survived the first Cargo wave, I'm curious to see how far I can get. Still alive so far.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 09:18:15 pm by zoutzakje »

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2012, 09:22:24 pm »
Zoutzakje I find the key to dealing with this challenge is to get Mil III stations and mini forts to start. You need your worlds be to be built to absorb the constant abuse the various minor factions will deliever. A Mil III station under a single MK I shield with mini forts will knock out any romaing enclaves for example, and the lack of tachyon's + mini forts + 1/4 of your mk I turrets will be fine for your border worlds against the dark spire incursions.

The trains will be your bane in this challenge in the long run once you deal with the rapid but fairly weak dark spire and others. The construction projects are the only thing that can deal you any offensive before AIP 1000. So you need to expand very aggressive in the start so you can gobble up as much K as you can because you need to be able to deal with 3k firepower waves after about an hour or so. However, hold off on angering any dark spire worlds until you have at least half your borders locked down if you can, because once that ball starts rolling it will be hard until the AI are pretty much wiped out and thus the dark spire stop spawning too.
Life is short. Have fun.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk