Author Topic: 10/10 Bandwagon Go!  (Read 2921 times)

Offline Wanderer

• Master Member Mark II
  • If you're not drunk you're doing it wrong.
Re: 10/10 Bandwagon Go!
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2012, 01:28:24 pm »
AI Eyes... bring in your main fleet on the primary wormhole as a distraction.  Get the wormhole clear-ish, or at least engaged.  Then take your MK I/II Raids in and pop a guardpost or two while your primary fleet retreats.  Get your Raids out of there and deal with the backwash from the post-kills.  Rinse and Repeat.  Be careful as backwash from attacks like that can get pretty hairy.
... and then we'll have cake.

Offline Hearteater

• Core Member
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2012, 02:07:53 pm »
Once you can get Cloaked Starships and a transport in, use the transport to retreat your Raids into as that instantly cloaks them regardless of anything else.  I think Transport IIs heal their cargo so that can help if you find yourself doing this a lot.

Offline Solarity

• Jr. Member Mark III
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2012, 04:49:38 pm »
full cap of bomber starships with raids and go straight for the eye, use your fleet as a distraction and your golden.  If you have a spire capital fleet then use it to destroy the eye.  The only problem with that is the zombies spawn on the center of the eye and makes it very difficult to target without selecting a ship - Keith maybe you could change the spawn location of the zombies?  Just off the spawn, or straight out in one direction? Or for some more pain make then spawn evenly from the guardposts... muhahahaha

Offline Orelius

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2012, 07:13:42 pm »
That would be a great idea if I had the economy to support such a task.  I'm working off of two planets and the only opening to the outside world is a mark IV planet with an AI eye.  Even if I were able to finance such an operation, I wouldn't have enough energy to maintain an entire fleet and a whole bunch of turrets to keep my worlds from being overrun.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk