Author Topic: Why destroying a generator respawns everything?  (Read 1277 times)

Offline zespri

• Hero Member Mark III
Why destroying a generator respawns everything?
« on: January 31, 2013, 02:22:56 pm »
I remember this question being asked, but I don't remember the answer and I can't find it.
When you destroy a generator, everything in the chunk re-spawns, which in my opinion does not make much sense, because in majority of cases you are going to leave the chunk straight away anyway. Re-spawning gives you a false impression, that there is still something to do left in the chunk which is not the case.

I know that it might make slight thematic sense, that since time progresses when you destroy the generator stuffs come back to live, but to me it's not good enough reason for doing that.

So why?

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Why destroying a generator respawns everything?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 02:28:56 pm »
Because whenever the turn changes, time passes and all monsters respawn.  When you destroy a generator, the turn changes.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 03:22:22 pm »
There is a Mantis report on this.

http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/view.php?id=10383

Personally I don't like this behaviour. I can see why it happens in terms of the game engine, but I can't see what benefit the player is getting out of it. A few times enemies have spawned right on top of me during a dialogue and for some reason I've been teleported across the level once the dialogue finished.

Offline zespri

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 03:53:18 pm »
There is a Mantis report on this.

http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/view.php?id=10383

Personally I don't like this behaviour. I can see why it happens in terms of the game engine, but I can't see what benefit the player is getting out of it. A few times enemies have spawned right on top of me during a dialogue and for some reason I've been teleported across the level once the dialogue finished.
Yep, I agree with the mantis bit, thank you for pointing out.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk