Author Topic: Where are the download instructions for the native Linux version?  (Read 10772 times)

Offline windgen

Native Linux support sounds like a great feature.  But how exactly do I make it happen?  The demo download page [1] has only PC and Mac demos.  As a former beta tester, there are only two ways I've ever actually installed the game:

- Copy an older installation
- Download the demo and enter my license key

Neither of these methods work since I have no pre-existing native Linux installation, and there's no native Linux demo on the download page.  If anyone else has gotten it to work, please post details.  Thanks!

[1] http://arcengames.com/a-valley-without-wind-1-2/

Offline tigersfan

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Master Member Mark II
Re: Where are the download instructions for the native Linux version?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 07:04:57 am »
I'm not sure it's possible to grab the Linux version from outside of Steam, but I'll check.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 08:02:43 am »
If you buy it fresh, then it automatically gives you a package with all three. If you already have it on steam, it just gives it to you automatically. If you have it off of steam, then shoot us an email or a pm and we can email you a link to download the Linux version. We took out license keys, so there isn't an old-style Linux version at the moment.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline tigersfan

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 05:09:53 pm »
Ahh, I didn't realize the links I had were also for Linux. Yeah, windgen, you can PM me if you need them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk