Author Topic: VWW2 - Control mappings per spell set?  (Read 994 times)

Offline ShaggyMoose

• Newbie Mark III
VWW2 - Control mappings per spell set?
« on: January 04, 2013, 09:49:32 pm »
I find it a little difficult changing mage classes sometimes because the spells for each slot all behave differently. Its not like primary/secondary/special/ammo all behave consistently in terms of range, speed, AOE etc. This makes it hard to settle into a new class and basically means I usually only change once when I unlock a new set to avoid the hassle.

Would it be possible to have a different mapping for each class? When you choose the class, it could show the current mapping (start with default) which could then be quickly overridden on the same screen if you so choose. This would allow me to set up a few different classes in a similar fashion which would mean much less fumbling for the right spell. It would be great if these custom mappings carried across between games as well (maybe an option when starting a new game).

I wanted to get some feedback/ideas before dropping this in Mantis.

Offline MouldyK

• Sr. Member Mark II
Re: VWW2 - Control mappings per spell set?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 10:57:20 pm »
Couldn't you just go to options and change it in the keybinds?

Offline ShaggyMoose

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 11:25:14 pm »
Yeah, I can do that but then I would have to do it every time I changed classes. I want to be able to bind once per class and have it saved.

Offline tigersfan

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 02:37:18 pm »
While I like the idea in theory, I think that at this point, it's probably way too much work for the amount of time we have left to get this game finished.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk