Author Topic: Viewport  (Read 1048 times)

Maledictus

Viewport
« on: June 21, 2012, 04:42:02 am »
I know this has been discussed before, I've done a forum search on it, but I still have a question. The thing is, I play at 1280x800 because my laptop doesn't support higher. All gameplay movies are in a way higher resolution and that clearly shows that above ground a higher resolution gives a tactical advantage (underground less so because of lighting issues). There has been talk of scaling but that was quite a while ago, is there any news on that? Also, a Mantis report is mentioned in the other threads but I can't find it (I can't seem to search the Mantis, or else I'm just not seeing how to do that). Thanks for any info.

Offline zebramatt

• Master Member Mark II
Re: Viewport
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 05:39:59 am »
Ok, so...

1. Summary: The talk of scaling was always along the lines of, "It's never going to happen." So the latest news is likely to be, "It's still never going to happen."

2. Mantis ticket with some more depth to that: http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/view.php?id=7224.

3. To search Mantis, click "View Issues" in the top menu, then enter search terms and filters at the top. Advanced Filters allow greater control too.

Maledictus

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 06:01:07 am »
Thanks.
Bye.

Offline zebramatt

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 06:26:03 am »
You're quite welcome! As it happens, I also play primarily at 1280 by 800 so it's a topic close to home for me.

Actually the viewport has improved dramatically since the first beta versions, when the minimap would occupy a quarter of the screen, the message log would occupy another quarter, the ground would occupy a third and the camera would remain resolutely locked dead centre.

There was at one time talk of the possibility of implementing a +/-10% zoom facility without scaling anything. That was shot down not quite so readily as full-blown scaling, so there's still perhaps a sliver of potential there.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk