Author Topic: Valley 1: Urban Crawlers, where are they?  (Read 3262 times)

Offline CosinusPW

• Newbie Mark II
Valley 1: Urban Crawlers, where are they?
« on: March 03, 2013, 10:40:25 pm »
I have never come across one so far.

I've heard they're supposed to hang around in abandoned towns. I've completely scourged a bunch of them, including houses and first few dungeon levels. Have they been removed or made really rare or something?

At this rate, getting 30 of them, to unlock the last bonus structure is gonna take forever. There are only 30 different scrolls of Shape Matter, and I can't get more than one of each kind for each continent, meaning I'm capped at 29 structures.

Any help appreciated, maybe I'm overlooking something.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 07:00:35 pm by CosinusPW »

Offline Psyren

• Newbie Mark III
Re: Valley 1: Urban Crawlers, where are they?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 01:16:57 am »
Its been forever since I fired up AVWW1 hey :/

Urban Crawlers should be in abandoned towns afaik. I can't fire up a game to verify for you because I'm not home at the moment...
I'm probably typing this on my phone. Sorry if it seems short or disjointed :(

Offline CosinusPW

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 07:00:03 pm »
I've reached continent 7 now, the chunk levels are 31, got about 5 or 6 abandoned towns here but still not been able to find an urban crawler.

Offline banjo2E

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 10:32:59 pm »
I'd also like to know where the Crawlers are. I've been tasked to kill 30 of them since continent 3 at the latest, so they should have shown up at some point while I was clearing that continent. I know for a fact they should be showing up outdoors in abandoned towns, since they do just that in the last 30 seconds or so of this video. And if nothing else they should've shown up when I was walking towards the last lieutenant on the continent, who happened to have put his tower in an abandoned town.

Instead, I've hit continent 4 and have yet to see any of them in any of the town chunks I've visited, though I see plenty of gazebos, crashed landspeeders, and those stupid nettles.

Edit: It's possible that this might only be a problem in the non-beta version of the game. I just found this entry on Mantis while checking if the crawler thing was a bug, which states that stealth enchants and Urban Sniper Balloons are banned from Journey to Perfection missions; however, earlier today I just finished a JtP in an abandoned town that involved USBs that I only finished with a stealth enchant. The thing is, the aforementioned Mantis entry was marked as fixed six months ago; if this is in the beta updates, it really should have been rolled into the main version of the game a while ago.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 10:57:28 pm by banjo2E »

Offline LaughingThesaurus

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 11:28:03 pm »
The beta versions are so stable that they may as well be the 'main version'. The only thing you could really argue isn't really complete is pre-1.0 of any of these games. Otherwise, you can generally expect updates to be seriously polished, beta or not.

Offline banjo2E

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 12:54:19 am »
Well, I installed the latest beta, and I can confirm that the Crawlers are actually spawning now. The problem is, they only ever appear outdoors and only show up about once per chunk. Gazebos and Landspeeders, which have a comparable size to the Crawlers, spawn at least once per map. The problem only gets worse if you've killed any lieutenants on the continent; I didn't encounter any Crawlers on old continents (plenty of utahraptors, though).

On a more positive note, I'm getting better loot, and really appreciate the chance for world map missions to contain buildings on occasion. I actually do them sometimes now!

Offline CosinusPW

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2013, 02:03:22 am »
Finally found one.
I don't know if it's because I upgraded to the newest beta, if they're just really uncommon and I've been missing them, or luck, but if not for the unlockable I wouldn't have known about this monster.

-By the way aren't they supposed to be able to move?

Offline Teal_Blue

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2013, 11:27:52 pm »
I thought they did move? It has been a while since i played AVWW 1, so forgive me if i am wrong.

-Teal

Offline Coppermantis

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Avenger? I hardly know 'er!
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2013, 11:38:50 pm »
They moved last time I played. I recall being able to ride them by standing on top of their fronts.
I can already tell this is going to be a roller coaster ride of disappointment.

Offline banjo2E

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2013, 12:40:11 am »
I think they do move, but you can destroy their wheels to stop them from moving, and their wheels make up the entire front side of their hitbox and don't take a lot of hits to destroy.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2013, 10:59:12 am »
They can't turn around, so if they run into a wall in whatever direction they spawn facing, they're stuck.

Glad you can find them, now :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk