Author Topic: TotalBiscuit explains AVWW in one sentence.  (Read 18072 times)

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
  • if (isInRange(target)) { kill(target); }
TotalBiscuit explains AVWW in one sentence.
« on: May 01, 2012, 12:04:32 pm »
I watched the "WTF is..." of AVWW by TotalBiscuit, and he explained it so well in the closing comment.

Quote from: TotalBiscuit
"Now what the balls is down here?"
AVWW is definitely tickling that exploration nerve.
WTF is A Valley Without Wind?
Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.

Thank you for contributing to making the game better!

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: TotalBiscuit explains AVWW in one sentence.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 12:36:07 pm »
Nice!  Just finished watching that as well, and definitely some good stuff.

Shame he didn't really get into any missions in particular, as that provides some more direction and interest obviously, but I think for a lot of folks just the freeform exploration at the start seems to pull them along reasonably well enough anyhow.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Scorcher24

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 01:11:09 pm »
TotalBiscuit is a good salesman :D. He sold me more than one game :P.

Offline bvchaosinc

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 01:14:25 pm »
Now that total mentions it terraria spell selection would be fairly rad. [number] to assign to left mouse [alt] [number] to assign to right mouse.  Mouse wheel cycles left click current, alt mouse wheel cycles right click current. 
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 01:16:21 pm by bvchaosinc »

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 01:17:58 pm »
If you want the mouse wheel to reassign your left and right mouse click you can already do that.  However, it's not bound by default because most people like to use middle-mouse button as a third spell and having that bound to the mouse wheel makes that incredibly fiddly.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline KingIsaacLinksr

• Master Member
  • A Paladin Without A Crusade...
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 01:18:32 pm »
That was a good first impressions by TB. imo

King
Casual reviewer with a sense of justice.
Visit the Arcen Mantis to help: https://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/
A Paladin's Blog. Long form videogame reviews focusing on mechanics and narrative analyzing. Plus other stuff. www.kingisaaclinksr.com

Offline junker154

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 01:23:44 pm »
 :o When you read those comments of the users, it is simply horrible. Most bash the game for the visuals. Pretty negative impressions.

I am going to watch the video now but the comments are simply unjustified. Things like: "Looks like shit imo", "Looks like a badly programmed flash game", "this game looks incredible repetitive, I was so annoyed by the ending" or "It's 2D...?" make me sad.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 01:26:22 pm »
:o When you read those comments of the users, it is simply horrible. Most bash the game for the visuals. Pretty negative impressions.

I am going to watch the video now but the comments are simply unjustified. Things like: "Looks like shit imo", "Looks like a badly programmed flash game", "this game looks incredible repetitive, I was so annoyed by the ending" or "It's 2D...?" make me sad.

That's more or less youtube for you, honestly.  Fortunately they don't rule the world.  This game has been doing extremely well for us, and as long as things continue in a healthy fashion we're not going anywhere.

I used to love watching Minecraft videos, and it seems like almost all of them started with some profane variant of "this looks like @#$#$ but you gotta check this out."  I guess that's not bad company to be in, though Minecraft still makes more in a day than we're likely to in a month.

Offline KingIsaacLinksr

• Master Member
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012, 01:28:28 pm »

TB has a terrible >vocal< subscriber base, which is fairly typical for most popular YouTubers. I always ignore the comments, heck, I need to find an addon that blocks comments from being viewable. I have yet to find anyone with a signficant amount of subscribers that doesn't trash talk or worse. Heck, TB himself said he looked through one of his video's comment streams for an hour or so and found no useful comment. That is terrible.

King
A Paladin's Blog. Long form videogame reviews focusing on mechanics and narrative analyzing. Plus other stuff. www.kingisaaclinksr.com

Offline junker154

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2012, 01:29:42 pm »
Well, yeah most comments are ignorant. But it gives this game a bad reputation. If people would comment more serious than the game might have better sales. Idiots bashing the games and giving it a bad reputation only hurts Arcen Games.

Offline KingIsaacLinksr

• Master Member
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2012, 01:31:11 pm »
Well, yeah most comments are ignorant. But it gives this game a bad reputation. If people would comment more serious than the game might have better sales. Idiots bashing the games and giving it a bad reputation only hurts Arcen Games.

If people base their buying decisions on YouTube comments, there is no helping them I'm afraid. And there isn't anything TB, or anyone else can do about YouTube comments. =\. Just ignoring them is about all anyone can do.

King
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 01:33:52 pm by KingIsaacLinksr »

Offline bvchaosinc

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2012, 01:31:29 pm »
If you want the mouse wheel to reassign your left and right mouse click you can already do that.  However, it's not bound by default because most people like to use middle-mouse button as a third spell and having that bound to the mouse wheel makes that incredibly fiddly.

That is half the battle, but only really useful for one to two spells up or down.  So lets say you got your three most used spells on 1 2 3.  So for me this would be like lighting bolt, fire ball, platform.  So I can use the mouse wheel to flip up and down as I need quickly, but if you some reason I need a spell that is down at slot 7 I don't want to wheel there, and I don't want to have to leave my hand of wads or my mouse, I just want to just hit 7 and then bam left click is now spell 7 and I can wheel to 8 - 9 which I have set up to complement spell 7.

Offline Scorcher24

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2012, 01:34:43 pm »

Nobody gives a damn about youtube comments :D.
Youtube is partially worse than /v/ or /b/ on 4chan lol.

Offline Quaix

• Jr. Member Mark II
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2012, 01:35:17 pm »
Nice. Expect a significant number of sales from his review.

Offline junker154

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2012, 01:38:03 pm »
Reading this youtube comment made me explode out of laughing  :P

"The music makes me want to break things."

Music is really great!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk