Author Topic: I'm a fan of AVWW2 and Arcen Games, so I had an idea.  (Read 1120 times)

Offline goodgimp

• Jr. Member Mark II
I'm a fan of AVWW2 and Arcen Games, so I had an idea.
« on: February 02, 2013, 11:47:52 am »
So, I bought A Valley Without Wind for something silly like $10 back in beta which is the cost of lunch at my local deli. While the sandwiches from that deli are indeed delicious, it only provides me under an hour of enjoyment whereas AVWW provided many multiples of that. What I'm trying to say is, it was an amazing deal for what I paid.

When I heard about AVWW2 I was pretty excited. When I heard it was going to be given to me for free, I was shocked. It shows what a stand-up group of guys Arcen Games is that they're giving away their sequel to their fanbase for free, but at the same time I wanted to support this project with my money! After playing around a little bit in the beta, it's definitely something I would have bought were it not given to me for free.

So after pondering the subject for a while, I've decided upon a course of action for myself. Since I'm getting AVWW2 for free despite already getting an amazing deal from AVWW1 and given the fact that the purpose of this project is to reach a wider audience than the first game, I have decided that I'm going to purchase AVWW2 at release and gift it to a friend. If my friend finds it to be a fun game they would have spent the money on, I'm going to ask that he "pay it forward" if he/she feels so inclined, and keep the cycle going. If not, no problem.

Would anyone else care to join me in my little project?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 11:49:34 am by goodgimp »

Offline Teal_Blue

• Hero Member Mark II
Re: I'm a fan of AVWW2 and Arcen Games, so I had an idea.
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 12:14:49 pm »
:)  I'll do the gift thing too. Steam seems very well suited to that. Or I suppose I could just get the license key on the Arcen site and email it to my friend. Either way, I guess.

Wonderful idea you have, I would be happy to jump in and stand next to you while we wave the Arcen Supporters Banner High!

-Teal

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 12:35:05 pm »
I did something not nearly as generous. I recently just bought AI War full pack when it was on offer. Obviously not the same thing as I'm getting a kickass game for cheap, but I'm not big into strategy games and wouldn't have bought it if I hadn't wanted to throw some cash Arcen's way.  All my friends already own Valley 2 (multipack offer) so I might just grab a few more copies of AI War for friends instead. Not quite as altruistic, but hey it's something.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 12:45:43 pm »
Thanks for the support :)

(the brainwashing machine appears to be working particularly well lately...)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline zespri

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 06:44:09 pm »
Has anyone ever used http://www.steamgifts.com/ ? Is it any good?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk