Author Topic: small annoyance  (Read 1531 times)

Offline derailed

small annoyance
« on: September 26, 2011, 08:15:02 pm »
I haven't really come to terms with how the works plays just yet. what I'm supposed to do and all that.

but, since my left hand is on wasd in this game. could you make all the arrowkey assignments also work with wasd. for the menus. you know, left a right d up w and down s, like on the map.

that's all. hehe. it's a really really small thing, but something that annoys me a lot in games where you are expected to have your hand on wasd in the game, but then have to move to arrow keys for some things. I can't even say specifically what menus I mean in the game, I just remember thinking about it while trying the game earlier today and reminding myself to write a quick post later. :)

Offline c4sc4

Re: small annoyance
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 09:47:35 pm »
Yeah, I put this on mantis before the beta. Anyway, you can actually map WASD to do the same thing as the arrow keys in the menus. If you go to 'View and Edit Controls' and click on the 'menu' tab there will be 'Cursor Down', 'Cursor Up', Cursor Left' and 'Cursor Right'. Just bind the keyboard alternative for these to the WASD keys and it should work.

Offline derailed

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 09:57:25 pm »
thanks

Offline tigersfan

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 10:28:12 pm »
I don't think we can change those defaults right now. You should definitely re-map them. The system saves your preferences like that in their own file, so even when you upgrade the game, those don't change.

Offline Nalgas

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 10:49:10 pm »
Yeah, I put this on mantis before the beta. Anyway, you can actually map WASD to do the same thing as the arrow keys in the menus. If you go to 'View and Edit Controls' and click on the 'menu' tab there will be 'Cursor Down', 'Cursor Up', Cursor Left' and 'Cursor Right'. Just bind the keyboard alternative for these to the WASD keys and it should work.

Same here.  I remapped the keys in the first alpha before I even started playing, actually, while I was looking through the settings for the first time, and I think I commented on that in the very first feedback email I sent.  Heh.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk