Author Topic: Sky pirates: what are they and how do I make them get off the continent?  (Read 3545 times)

/nav

probably a noob question but still

there's this spaceship thing topping the continent on my region map and it says they attack absolutely everything near their region
when I go into a region they are "guarding", I see it in the background and the foreground has lasers raining occasionally

what am I supposed to be doing about them and what purpose do they serve?

Offline Toll

• Sr. Member Mark III
Their purpose: Annoyingness by shooting stuff at you when you're in range (whenever the sky-pirate square has a red outline).

How to get rid of them: Well... you can't right now.

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
  • if (isInRange(target)) { kill(target); }
So in short, they're an annoyance?
Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.

Thank you for contributing to making the game better!

Offline Coppermantis

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Avenger? I hardly know 'er!
In the future you will be able to destroy the ships via guardian power, presumably through boarding and destroying the ship. For now though, they just pester you while they're red.
I can already tell this is going to be a roller coaster ride of disappointment.

/nav

so I make a new world and skip the first continent and this happens

apparently AVWW doesn't like me skipping a chunk of the game

Offline 7foot_sativa

• Newbie Mark II
Did the devs actually say how they planned it to work? It could turn into a lazy power that you use on the world map and removes them that way.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
so I make a new world and skip the first continent and this happens

apparently AVWW doesn't like me skipping a chunk of the game

Aye, those guys first appear on continent 2.   The exact number of them seems a bit randomized.

You dont have to worry about the two that are right next to each other;  when you're in a zone near them, the game will act the same as if there were only 1;  you wont get double the ice darts coming your way or something like that.

The nasty one is the one right near your settlement there.

Get a shield, if you can.   Learning the timing of the ice darts can allow you to block them with any given shield.

Offline Toll

• Sr. Member Mark III
Did the devs actually say how they planned it to work? It could turn into a lazy power that you use on the world map and removes them that way.
I think it'll be a power that creates a mission to get rid of the ice pirates, much like wind shelters work (although the mission will likely be very different, of course).

Offline LayZboy

• Full Member Mark II
They should just be removed from the bloody game till they can figure out what to do with the base destroying trolls.

Offline Martyn van Buren

I wouldn't worry about them; as far as I can tell they target your position when they launch, so if you keep moving they pretty much never hit.  Anyway I can't remember the last time I actually got hurt by one of them.

Offline Toll

• Sr. Member Mark III
Even if you don't move, they don't always hit. I stood still waiting for one to hit me, and it took them six or seven tries, I think. I just look at them and think "psychological warfare".

Offline Coppermantis

• Hero Member Mark III
The only time I've seen them be a significant factor was in a supply depot  mission with Sky Pirates and a Landspeeder Robot. That was a lot of projectiles all over the place, That was the first time I'd died in a few weeks of playing.  :(

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
I wouldn't worry about them; as far as I can tell they target your position when they launch, so if you keep moving they pretty much never hit.  Anyway I can't remember the last time I actually got hurt by one of them.

I actually think these guys should be alot nastier.

Heck, they show up on the freaking world map;   they should be DANGEROUS.

Right now they can be a little bit of a threat on higher difficulty levels when you might be often a little low on health as it is, but I think they need some numbers increased bigtime. 

Offline Terraziel

I actually think these guys should be alot nastier.

Heck, they show up on the freaking world map;   they should be DANGEROUS.

Right now they can be a little bit of a threat on higher difficulty levels when you might be often a little low on health as it is, but I think they need some numbers increased bigtime. 

Once the mission to remove them is in then I am fully behind making them considerably more of a threat. For the time being leaving them as naff is probably ok though.

Offline Coppermantis

• Hero Member Mark III
Someone suggested boarding the ship, destroying the engines and then escaping on a timer before it crashes. I support this notion.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk