Author Topic: Selling back to the store?  (Read 919 times)

Offline nobody

• Newbie Mark II
Selling back to the store?
« on: May 08, 2012, 11:42:14 pm »
Curious as to other peoples opinions to this.

the store is a great way to help balance out the RNG issues. but still doesn't quite solve the biggest issue which is requiring certain items which are mission only. Getting all of one thing and none of what you really need. The way it is now mission specific rewards are exclusive to missions, and I dont think that should change either. you could have a currency for mission exclusive stuff as well. and you shouldnt be able to farm this like you can the stuff currently in the store. Though another solution to an alternate currency is do something similar to what they did for naruto-arena. (not sure if anyone is familiar with that game) in that there are 4 different types of chakra, that you need to use your abilities. and each turn you got 3 random ones. so if you just werent getting the 1 kind you needed you could get screwed. so as a soultion to that problem they made it so that you can trade 4 that you have for 1 of your choice. it was a hefty price, but even at that cost it was definitely worth it to trade in bad luck for certainty. a similar system could be applied to this. where you trade in supplies of stuff you got that you dont need for something that you do need.

Offline khadgar

• Full Member Mark II
Re: Selling back to the store?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 03:39:15 am »
Hey, I really like this idea, in concept. As long as the exchange rate was low, I think it's fabulous! It would alliviate a bit of the multiplayer mission greed. That is to say, One guy wants water spells, so he does 4 missions for sea essence. Well, that sucks for the other players, who wanted earth essence! It might require some rejiggering of the "master inventory" system, but I think it would work out well. The only downside is that since the exchange rate would be low, you could effective waste a lot of resources. For example, turn 8 umbra ember into 2 earth essence, but then you finally find that mission which rewards earth essence. Oops.

Still, I like it.

Offline nobody

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 04:04:34 am »
I agree with your concerns, but after seeing what they did with enemy drops I have complete confidence in the developers implementation of it.

Offline EtherealOne

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 04:05:06 am »
I think this sort of idea could work quite well as a resource sink but it would have be extremely inefficient so that you will still gain more just exploring the zones for secret missions and such.

Offline Huaojozu

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 05:17:38 am »
The exchange rate needs to be such, that you will never touch it in normal circumstance. You will just go: "Who in their right mind would do that?" Then, as you complete missions and get increasingly frustrated about not getting the reward you needed, you start to contemplate the trade, start persuading yourself that you don't really need that other stuff anyway and eventually after another few hours, you will just succumb to the temptation and do it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk