Poll

How best to rebalance ride the lightning?

Leave it the way it is(7mp)
7 (41.2%)
Decrease the mana cost(<7mp)
6 (35.3%)
Increase the mana cost(>7mp)
1 (5.9%)
It should be free(like fire touch)
1 (5.9%)
Provide a way to toggle, but leave it the way it is
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 06, 2011, 04:30:41 pm

Author Topic: Ride the lightning: rebalance?  (Read 2951 times)

Offline zebramatt

• Master Member Mark II
Re: Ride the lightning: rebalance?
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2011, 04:45:30 pm »
My personal issue is the need to have it in the current action bar, it should slotted somewhere else, some sort of passive buffs section, so i don't need 4+ copies of it just because I use multiple action bars

Stick that in Mantis and I'll vote for it.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2011, 10:45:13 pm »
FYI: ride the lightning is here to stay in its current form, although the improvements over time will be going away.  But it won't ever be something that doesn't require an ability bar slot, nor will it ever be free.

HOWEVER, that said, RTL is basically the "terrible" double jump option.  Once you get access to Enchants, there will be some double jump options you can apply to yourself that way, which are MP-free and don't require an ability bar slot.  And then you can stop using RTL.  However, there will be a variety of movement-related enchants, and you can only equip one of them.  So it depends on what you really value in terms of that; personally I'll probably go for a speed buff and keep RTL tier 1, as I don't tend to need anything higher and the MP cost is so low on the tier 1 as to be hardly noticeable after a few levels, as folks have said.

Hopefully that clears up where things are headed.  There's a reason we give a form of double-jump right at the start of the game (unlike most platformers): it's not the only form there will be, nor is it the best form!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline BobTheJanitor

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2011, 09:51:14 am »
But what about cosmetic changes? When can I change my double jump effect to shoot rainbow sparkles instead of lightning? This is important.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2011, 09:52:11 am »
Hahaha -- well, all good things in time, I guess. ;)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk