Author Topic: Manual and kudos  (Read 1065 times)

Offline Marcus

Manual and kudos
« on: February 14, 2012, 08:02:03 pm »
Hi, I am new to these forums so excuse if this question has already been asked (like a hundred times already starting just a few posts down) but is there going to be a manual released with the game once it is out of beta?
Also Kudos to the guy(s) that own this company, I saw last year I think it was that they were willing to donate all of the proceeds to one of AI Wars expansions to a children's charity even though they were facing financial difficulties themselves- convinced me they were a company worth spending my money on- I bought the rest of the expansions as well.  Best Wishes guys, wish there were more companies like you!  Marcus

Offline Martyn van Buren

Re: Manual and kudos
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 08:15:09 pm »
Welcome to the fora! I don't think there's been any word of a manual yet, but if you look through here you'll find all sorts of information --- much of it out of date, tho; Chris and Keith and all have been making tons of changes as the game gets tested. It's definitely worth hanging around here, the Arcen for a are really friendly places --- and if you have ideas about the game they'll be taken seriously.

Offline cupogoodness

• Arcen Games business development/Jack of all trades
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 09:36:42 pm »
Hi, I am new to these forums so excuse if this question has already been asked (like a hundred times already starting just a few posts down) but is there going to be a manual released with the game once it is out of beta?
Also Kudos to the guy(s) that own this company, I saw last year I think it was that they were willing to donate all of the proceeds to one of AI Wars expansions to a children's charity even though they were facing financial difficulties themselves- convinced me they were a company worth spending my money on- I bought the rest of the expansions as well.  Best Wishes guys, wish there were more companies like you!  Marcus

As far as a manual goes we've had a couple versions of our Getting Started Guide, but it's outdated again due to what's taken place over the last couple months so Josh is cooking up a new one. We may also explore the actual manual idea a bit down the road. Dr. Frog's AI War Pocket Reference, for example, was pretty awesome and appreciated by several players.

Thanks for the kind words about the Children of Neinzul expansion for Child's Play as well. Josh and I didn't join Arcen until after that tough time when the company was in real financial trouble, but how Chris, Keith, and Pablo have always stuck to their guns through thick and thin on what that piece of content represents is beyond admirable to me. They said that was what the money was going to, and they stuck by that, even at a point where they knew the ship might sink.

My respect of these guys is why I forced my way onto the team in the first place.  :D

Offline tigersfan

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 11:11:52 pm »
I'm going to be working on updating the Getting Started Guide later this week (tomorrow maybe?) AFAIK, that is the closest thing we have to a manual right now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk