Author Topic: Interested in being a part of a private alpha for Valley 2? Read here.  (Read 94317 times)

Offline LaughingThesaurus

• Master Member Mark II
Re: Interested in being a part of a private alpha for Valley 2? Read here.
« Reply #90 on: December 04, 2012, 11:08:46 am »
Is there any reason why we can't rename the old songs and replace the new songs with those as kind of a "mod" for the music? I mean, not in such a way as to tell Pablo "Hey, we don't like it" but as a way of preferring the more old school songs to the new ones. I mean, we haven't even heard the music yet, but that might be a possibility regardless. Pretty sure I'll keep Valley 2's music where it is anyway, but it'd be neat as an option for people who want to do fancier stuff.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #91 on: December 04, 2012, 11:14:57 am »
Is there any reason why we can't rename the old songs and replace the new songs with those as kind of a "mod" for the music? I mean, not in such a way as to tell Pablo "Hey, we don't like it" but as a way of preferring the more old school songs to the new ones. I mean, we haven't even heard the music yet, but that might be a possibility regardless. Pretty sure I'll keep Valley 2's music where it is anyway, but it'd be neat as an option for people who want to do fancier stuff.

Yup, you can do that.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline LayZboy

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #92 on: December 04, 2012, 01:37:25 pm »
It's remastered, mainly -- meaning that it's higher quality and mixed better.  However, most of the chiptune throughlines are being removed and are being replaced with other instrumentation instead.  The effect is that it feels like a modernization of the existing tunes, or an HD-ifying of them.

If that god-damn Desert Building / Desert Theme is in there I will just Rage-quit.

Offline MouldyK

• Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #93 on: December 04, 2012, 01:44:35 pm »
It's remastered, mainly -- meaning that it's higher quality and mixed better.  However, most of the chiptune throughlines are being removed and are being replaced with other instrumentation instead.  The effect is that it feels like a modernization of the existing tunes, or an HD-ifying of them.

Sounds like it will be like a Mario Game then: Uses the same classic tunes, but redoes them to keep up with the new theme of the game and make them more to the times.

If that god-damn Desert Building / Desert Theme is in there I will just Rage-quit.

Maybe it will be more techno and funky. Or you can replace it with Delfino Plaza,  which you love so much, through the fake "modding" LT mentioned.

Offline LaughingThesaurus

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #94 on: December 04, 2012, 04:30:48 pm »
Sounds like it will be like a Mario Game then: Uses the same classic tunes, but redoes them to keep up with the new theme of the game and make them more to the times.

As long as there aren't "wah" sounds all over the place in literally every song, I'd be fine with it. ;)

Offline Aklyon

• Core Member
« Reply #95 on: December 04, 2012, 04:47:33 pm »
How many wahs are in delfino plaza?
(Or are you talking about the sound he makes jumping)

Offline MouldyK

• Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #96 on: December 04, 2012, 05:06:52 pm »
How many wahs are in delfino plaza?
(Or are you talking about the sound he makes jumping)

I think he means like this.

Or, any music from New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Seriously.

Well there are alot of non-wah songs, but still...

-thinks New A Valley Without Wind would be a hit and should have Wahs now-
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 05:27:14 pm by MouldyK »

Offline Aklyon

• Core Member
« Reply #97 on: December 04, 2012, 05:23:08 pm »
Oh, that.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #98 on: December 04, 2012, 05:27:46 pm »
Personally I love the wahs, but I don't plan on putting them in any game I ever do.  That's a trick that could get overused fast. ;)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline MouldyK

• Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #99 on: December 04, 2012, 05:36:18 pm »
Well, maybe you'll think differently when you ressurect your 2D Platformer after going down a 3D route. It shows that you can innovate! Especially when you use it in most of the games thereafter. ;)

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #100 on: December 04, 2012, 05:41:37 pm »
Hahahaha.  You're barking up the wrong tree with me, though.  Nintendo fanboi here, though I'm not militant about it. :)

Offline MouldyK

• Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #101 on: December 04, 2012, 06:05:23 pm »
Haha, I was just messing 8) I love Nintendo too. And really love their happy music too. :) I only brought it up because I am currently renting Wii games and playing more of it of late.

Finally gotten round to Super Mario Galaxy 2 and now New Super Mario Bros. Wii and enjoying every bit of them, at least until I get my gaming PC back and can play some of my new PC games and AVWW 2 Beta.

Offline Aklyon

• Core Member
« Reply #102 on: December 04, 2012, 06:09:32 pm »
Yay for happy music.

Offline Wingflier

• Core Member Mark II
  • To add me on Steam, click the little Steam icon ^
« Reply #103 on: December 04, 2012, 08:57:11 pm »
edit: Good luck guys :P
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 09:00:15 pm by Wingflier »
"Inner peace is the void of expectation. It is the absence of our shared desperation to feel a certain way."

Offline Nanashi

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #104 on: December 04, 2012, 09:38:46 pm »
That's a really neat design document - when you're talking about animations in multi-player, do you mean some sort of frame buffering or delay solution to synchronise gameplay over latency? I assume all of the animation is being managed client-side, as opposed to host-side. Netcode is kind of interesting.

Music can be really important, but from gamer playing habits (or what I've observed, at least), a majority of players mute in-game music and play their own, or use VOIP (especially in multiplayer).

Do you see any large-name titles coming out this Xmas season that might interfere with the sales of AVWW2? A repeat of what I've seen you call the Diablo 3 effect might not be nice.

edit: Weird request: I have a weird fondness for placeholder artwork. Got any you can share? :P
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 09:41:19 pm by Nanashi »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk