Author Topic: Interested in being a part of a private alpha for Valley 2? Read here.  (Read 94318 times)

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
Re: Interested in being a part of a private alpha for Valley 2? Read here.
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2012, 07:51:18 pm »
Signed.
Life is short. Have fun.

Offline tigersfan

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2012, 10:24:47 pm »
Just to keep everyone updated. I'm collecting the messages of those who have expressed interest, but as of yet, I've not done anything with them. :) So, don't take a lack of response to mean anything. I mention this because I've gotten a few "I'm not sure if you got my first message" messages. :)

Yep, I got 'em.

Also, I've gotten enough messages that I'm probably not going to be able to respond to each one, unless and until I send you the info for how to access the Alpha. Just FYI . :)

Offline Echo35

• Master Member Mark II
  • More turrets! MORE TURRETS!
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2012, 10:33:58 pm »
My semester is ending shortly and I won't even really be available for playing this for another week or two anyhow, so I shall eagerly await the beta!

Offline zespri

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2012, 01:07:31 am »
Just to keep everyone updated. I'm collecting the messages of those who have expressed interest, but as of yet, I've not done anything with them. :) So, don't take a lack of response to mean anything. I mention this because I've gotten a few "I'm not sure if you got my first message" messages. :)

Yep, I got 'em.

Also, I've gotten enough messages that I'm probably not going to be able to respond to each one, unless and until I send you the info for how to access the Alpha. Just FYI . :)
Guys, I'm confused. According to *this* http://www.arcengames.com/forums/index.php/topic,11943.0.html the beta is going to start around now. Are you going to run alpha and beta in parallel, with alpha being more bleeding edge build? I think I'm missing something...

Offline Panopticon

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2012, 01:12:19 am »
Arcen is going to run a limited, short final alpha test phase for about a week or so. Once that's over the beta will start.

Offline Lancefighter

• Core Member
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2012, 01:32:31 am »
Jokes on you - The private alpha has been running for two weeks already. This is merely a ploy to get people to think that the alpha was open and/or later.

Its an amazing game, by the way. Youre going to love it. The way the new spell upgrade system works, in combination with the armor materials, really adds to the replayability and first-run play at the same time. Also, the procedurally generated.. well, everything, feels really well done.
Ideas? Suggestions? Concerns? Bugs to be squashed? Report them on the Mantis Bugtracker!

Author of the Dyson Project and the Spire Gambit

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2012, 02:49:00 am »
Jokes on you - The private alpha has been running for two weeks already. This is merely a ploy to get people to think that the alpha was open and/or later.

::)

Got to admit, its the worst joke Arcen's ever done.
Life is short. Have fun.

Offline ZCaliber

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2012, 05:29:15 am »
Boy I showed up late to the party.

Anyway, I'll throw my name into the hat. Having been a part of quashing a couple bugs in AVWW1, I wouldn't mind doing it in AVWW2 as well.

Offline tigersfan

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2012, 05:54:36 am »
No external testing of any kind has started yet. We're a bit behind schedule, which is why the beta hasn't started yet. The Alpha is going to start probably early next week. (I really don't see it starting today). After a short alpha period, we'll have a public beta. :)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2012, 07:21:15 am »

Its an amazing game, by the way. Youre going to love it. The way the new spell upgrade system works, in combination with the armor materials, really adds to the replayability and first-run play at the same time. Also, the procedurally generated.. well, everything, feels really well done.

If anyone missed it, Lancefighter is the one who was pulling your leg here. As josh has said, no external testing of any kind has started yet. We wouldn't pull a "joke" like that!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Lancefighter

• Core Member
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2012, 11:59:00 am »
you guys >_>

(i kinda thought it was incredulous enough that nobody would believe it anyway, tbh)
Ideas? Suggestions? Concerns? Bugs to be squashed? Report them on the Mantis Bugtracker!

Author of the Dyson Project and the Spire Gambit

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2012, 12:00:25 pm »
@Lancefighter: as the absurd becomes normal, satire becomes difficult.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline zebramatt

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2012, 12:54:16 pm »
Can I give my first impressions?

I'll be honest, fellas, it's sounding great  but... it could use a few more slices.

Offline tigersfan

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2012, 01:18:27 pm »

I'll be honest, fellas, it's sounding great  but... it could use a few more slices.

It can always use more slices. But, perhaps what it really needs is more cowbell? I should talk to Pablo about that. :)

Offline LaughingThesaurus

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2012, 04:53:50 pm »

It can always use more slices. But, perhaps what it really needs is more cowbell? I should talk to Pablo about that. :)
...He might actually do it?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk