Author Topic: Ice Age Implications  (Read 1030 times)

Offline Itchykobu

Ice Age Implications
« on: September 29, 2011, 08:21:54 pm »
So...in the background of the ice age I see massive "dinosaur" skeletons. But people are alive in the ice age. I'm really hoping this means that some of the "raiding parties"/bosses are screen-filling carnivores that you have to jump inside of to destroy.

Procedurally-generated intestines with amoeba sub-bosses and a heart that you have to find and kill to stop the creature from destroying your settlement would be...ummm....AWESOME.

Edit: Not much correlation between my first 2 sentences, now that I re-read them. So, to correlate - apocalypse + different time periods + dino skeletons in one of the "future" time periods = (hopefully) massive monster/boss/levels in the "past"
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 08:38:07 pm by Itchykobu »

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Ice Age Implications
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 09:12:01 pm »
All I'll say is:  ;D
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Dizzard

• Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 02:06:05 am »
The first time I saw one of those dinosaurs on the ground I thought "I wonder if I can explore inside"

Sadness when I couldn't. :(

Offline c4sc4

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 02:11:36 am »
Procedurally-generated intestines with amoeba sub-bosses and a heart that you have to find and kill to stop the creature from destroying your settlement would be...ummm....AWESOME.

This reminds me of a level in the SNES game Radical Rex, you were eaten by a bigger dinosaur and had to make you way through his very bouncy intestines.

Offline Itchykobu

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 06:19:15 am »
This reminds me of a level in the SNES game Radical Rex, you were eaten by a bigger dinosaur and had to make you way through his very bouncy intestines.

Yeah, I bet this kind of level would add some more nostalgia for most players thanks to many memorable games. For me it's Crusader of Centy (Sega Genesis) where one of the levels was a giant monster, and the boss was its heart.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk