Author Topic: Any chance for larger font?  (Read 1117 times)

Offline MouldyK

• Sr. Member Mark II
Any chance for larger font?
« on: January 11, 2013, 11:58:49 pm »
I have taken it upon myself to post this for a guy on the Steam Forum, Doctor Teeth (His thread here).

Quote from: Doctor Teeth
It seems like you're going out of your way to make this game controller friendly, but the default font size is really hard to read on even a large screen from more than a foot or two away. Could you switch to a more readable font, or , ideally, allow us to set font size to be bigger? I'd love to be able to play this from my couch.

I brought it here in order to maybe get opinions on it from other forum members and to maybe raise the chances of a dev seeing it.

Personally, I can see well on a 32-inch TV from over a foot away, but how do others think of the font?

Offline Mick

• Hero Member Mark II
Re: Any chance for larger font?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 08:06:30 am »
I have trouble reading the text myself. Mostly in the text boxes in the center of the screen that for some reason have a bright "line" going down the middle. I mentioned this in the alpha but nothing was changed.

If they insist on keeping the bright line, a bigger font might fix it.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Any chance for larger font?
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 06:47:19 am »
What bright line are you referring to? I've not seen a bright line down the middle of anything; that sounds like a glitch on your machine, to be honest. Driver issue or corrupt install or something. Or something we just haven't seen from being used to it if its that subtle; do you have a screenshot of the issue?

Regarding a larger font, generally speaking that's not something we can so without really redesigning all the windows and/or making them not fit on the screen. However, please let me know what areas of the game this actually applies to (there are several fonts at several sizes in the game) and we'll at least look at it.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk