Author Topic: A New Look Into Old Sounds  (Read 6060 times)

Offline Ozymandiaz

• Hero Member Mark II
  • King of kings
Re: A New Look Into Old Sounds
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2011, 03:33:46 pm »
Yeah, gotta love Zero Punctuation, he has a habit of hitting lots of nails on the head for many games he does (if tho brutal in some cases like last Dead Space 2 review) :)

Looking forward to the music in AVWW, AI War delivered superbly, and I think we might be in for a similar treat here :)

Edit: liked the extra credits link as well, some good points he has like this one http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/extra-credits/2590-Choice-and-Conflict :)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 04:26:39 pm by Ozymandiaz »
We are the architects of our own existence

Offline Echo35

• Master Member Mark II
  • More turrets! MORE TURRETS!
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2011, 06:09:46 pm »
Yeah, gotta love Zero Punctuation, he has a habit of hitting lots of nails on the head for many games he does (if tho brutal in some cases like last Dead Space 2 review) :)

Looking forward to the music in AVWW, AI War delivered superbly, and I think we might be in for a similar treat here :)

Edit: liked the extra credits link as well, some good points he has like this one http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/extra-credits/2590-Choice-and-Conflict :)

Often times he'll be overly critical on games I like, but even still, I have to agree with him. He gets it perfect almost every time.

Offline PVega8

• Arcen Games Composer
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2011, 10:53:09 am »
Thanks for taking the time to read the journal everyone! I'm really excited about this music, and if you guys love NES music like Chris, Keith, and I do, then you will definitely dig this soundtrack. It's getting better and better.

Look on on Monday when I put up 2 new music previews on the facebook and myspace page. Talk to you soon!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.  Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Nalgas

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2011, 01:17:14 pm »
if you guys love NES music like Chris, Keith, and I do, then you will definitely dig this soundtrack.

I am indeed a fan of stuff like that.  Good example: I think VVVVVV may have had my favorite game soundtrack out of anything I played last year.  I've fooled around with combining real instruments and blippy MIDI/MOD stuff, too, because it's just fun.  Not surprisingly, I'm really liking the music in the most recent AVWW video (v003) I just now noticed was posted, and I'm pretty interested in what the rest of it will sound like with the wide range of styles you've mentioned already.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk