Author Topic: AVWW Post-Release 1.201-1.203 Entropic Leap  (Read 5747 times)

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: AVWW Post-Release 1.201-1.203 Entropic Leap
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2012, 10:06:31 pm »
Update: 1.203 hotfix is out too, and it fixes a bug that can cause doors/vents/holes to not seed in destroyed rooms in some cases.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
Re: AVWW Post-Release 1.201 Entropic Leap
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2012, 01:06:05 am »
The Entropic Esper didn't seem that bad until I took contact damage; it's kind of like a tiny floaty entropic buzzsaw. I wouldn't mind seeing the shots getting a reverse knockback to shove you towards it to play that aspect up, to be honest.

I agree with this one, these guys are basically just purple water espers otherwise.   The player would have to actually crash into them in stupid fashion for them to do any real damage.   Being that they're mostly from the Deep, these guys should be much harder to deal with.  Possibly up their fire rate as well.

As for the new spells, Leaping Death is nice..... very nice, actually.   That one will have alot of uses. 

Flower X could use something to make it stand out more;  mostly, after messing with it a bit, it's eclipsed by Insect Orb.   It's very similar to Ice Cross otherwise, but being an Earth spell, Insect Orb completely outdoes it.   Which is too bad, I usually find this type of spell to be pretty useful.   I'll have to experiment with it some more.

Also.... Clinging Fetor getting fixed, it's FINALLY USEFUL.  I find myself using this one quite a bit depending on what I'm fighting, and in what type of area.

EDIT:  Actually the X spell is better than I thought.  It's better at taking out small targets quickly and seems fast to recharge; Insect Orb is better against larger targets.   I'll end up using both pretty often, I think.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 08:14:56 am by Misery »

Offline OlaHughson

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2012, 04:53:39 am »
Can you zip up the world folder and attach it to a post here?  That way it will be easier for us to reproduce the problem and fix it.  Thanks :)

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/14556313/teh-world.zip -> consider it done.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
Re: AVWW Post-Release 1.201-1.203 Entropic Leap
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2012, 09:17:22 am »
One small thing:   With the anachronism missions (in caverns), still getting the problem of it only spawning the anachronistic monsters, and not spawning any others.

That being said, the generator for this is now MUCH better.   That is a very welcome change..... I really cant overstate how annoying it had been before, in what is otherwise a mission type I usually enjoy.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2012, 10:20:13 am »
Can you zip up the world folder and attach it to a post here?  That way it will be easier for us to reproduce the problem and fix it.  Thanks :)

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/14556313/teh-world.zip -> consider it done.
Ok, thanks, I can confirm that regenerating the chunk in 1.203 consistently produces *drum roll* a door! :)  The already generated ones will remain doorless (if that's a big deal in a specific case you can save and quit, track down the chunk's file and delete it, and load the world back up), but moving forward this should be fixed :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Oralordos

• Sr. Member Mark III
  • Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2012, 04:12:32 pm »
I do have one question, though; do wind shelters / ocean buoys count as "basic" buildings and therefore have a chance to show up in overmap mission rewards? (If so, it's just the RNG being unhelpful. Again.)

They don't.  But arguably, they should.
Now on mantis.
http://arcengames.com/mantisbt/view.php?id=9021

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk