Author Topic: #12 Will Drop The Pre-Alpha Moniker, And Has Big Surprises -- Hits in 1-2 Weeks  (Read 15643 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Hahahah. :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Gallant Dragon

• An RTS gamer in an FPS world
And none of that is the big news, not even close. ;)

Hurry up with the dev diary!
It's just carriers all the way down!

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
I have to wonder if it's more painful to players to get hit with something like this cold, or more painful to go through the anticipation... (taking DM notes)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline zespri

• Hero Member Mark III
I have to wonder if it's more painful to players to get hit with something like this cold, or more painful to go through the anticipation... (taking DM notes)
You can never please everyone. (Captain Obvious)

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
I figure it's best to give out as much information as can safely be done as soon as it can be done. That's what tends to underpin how I answer that question.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline tigersfan

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Master Member Mark II
I figure it's best to give out as much information as can safely be done as soon as it can be done. That's what tends to underpin how I answer that question.

I've worked in Customer Service and/or sales a lot, and coming from that standpoint, I tend to agree with you. Even though, personally, I'm fairly impatient, I think that warning us about the impending change is better than just dropping it on us and making it seem like it came out of nowhere.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
Cool. :)  Well, it's dropping within the hour.  Just the video and an overview post, and then my detailed post about many of the new things will be coming a few hours later, once I write it.

Offline fbgbt

• Newbie Mark II
Awesome. Been anxiously checking every hour or so for the update.  ;D

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
Okay, here's part 1 of the update: http://www.arcengames.com/forums/index.php/topic,8704.0.html

It has the video and the big picture diary bits.  A more detailed diary entry will follow later today. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk